Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Re: Problems with mondorian

Meinert Schwartau
Thanks. After downloading the current Moose version and using the other method you suggested it works for me :-)

Thank you for providing the Java parser.

Best regards
Meinert

> Am 10.08.2016 um 16:36 schrieb Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I now fixed the providerTypes error (including a test). Please try with the latest Moose 6.0 image.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>
>> On Aug 10, 2016, at 3:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Welcome back :)
>>
>>> On Aug 10, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:
>>>
>>> |view|
>>> view := RTMondrian new.
>>> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
>>> view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
>>> view circleLayout.
>>> view
>>
>> In your script, from:to: connects one source node with one target node returned by evaluating the corresponding blocks. However, your to: blocks return a collection, and the engine will try to find a node that has that collection as a model.
>>
>> What you want is to iterate over all items in the collection and connect the source node to each of the target nodes.
>>
>> To this end, you should use toAll:
>>
>> |view|
>> view := RTMondrian new.
>> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
>> view edges source: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  connectFrom: [ :cls | cls yourself ] toAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
>> view circleLayout.
>> view
>>
>>>
>>> Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:
>>> |view allClasses|
>>> view := RTMondrian new.
>>> allClasses := self allClasses.
>>> view nodes: allClasses.
>>> view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].
>>> view circleLayout.
>>> view
>>>
>>> If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.
>>
>> Indeed, thanks for reporting.
>>
>> I also noticed a bug in MooseQuery during the computation of messages like providerTypes. The problem appears when the opposite part of a relationship is nil. For example, when you have an invocation and the target cannot be resolved, the invocation will point to nil, and Moose gets unhappy. This is a problem in Moose and we need to solve it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Meinert
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Moose-dev mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://www.list.inf.unibe.ch/listinfo/moose-dev
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "If you can't say why something is relevant,
>> it probably isn't."
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with mondorian

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Great. I am happy it works for you.

Still, could you tell me if you get any problems reported in jdt2famix-import.problems when you parse your system?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Aug 11, 2016, at 6:12 PM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks. After downloading the current Moose version and using the other method you suggested it works for me :-)
>
> Thank you for providing the Java parser.
>
> Best regards
> Meinert
>
> > Am 10.08.2016 um 16:36 schrieb Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I now fixed the providerTypes error (including a test). Please try with the latest Moose 6.0 image.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >
> >
> >> On Aug 10, 2016, at 3:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Welcome back :)
> >>
> >>> On Aug 10, 2016, at 9:04 AM, Meinert Schwartau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> Hi,
> >>>
> >>> I want to display the dependencies between my classes. I wonder why the following code does not work, it displays the classes in a circle but not the edges between them. I’m using Moose 6 und Pharo 5 (downloaded yesterday) and evaluated the following code in the moose panel in the evaluator:
> >>>
> >>> |view|
> >>> view := RTMondrian new.
> >>> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
> >>> view edges: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
> >>> view circleLayout.
> >>> view
> >>
> >> In your script, from:to: connects one source node with one target node returned by evaluating the corresponding blocks. However, your to: blocks return a collection, and the engine will try to find a node that has that collection as a model.
> >>
> >> What you want is to iterate over all items in the collection and connect the source node to each of the target nodes.
> >>
> >> To this end, you should use toAll:
> >>
> >> |view|
> >> view := RTMondrian new.
> >> view nodes: ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses.
> >> view edges source: (ArrayedCollection withAllSubclasses)  connectFrom: [ :cls | cls yourself ] toAll: [ :cls | cls referencedClasses ].
> >> view circleLayout.
> >> view
> >>
> >>>
> >>> Then I tried to display the dependencies between my own classes (parsed by jdt2famix) but got an exception. After clicking on All classes in the moose panel I entered the following code in the evaluator:
> >>> |view allClasses|
> >>> view := RTMondrian new.
> >>> allClasses := self allClasses.
> >>> view nodes: allClasses.
> >>> view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].
> >>> view circleLayout.
> >>> view
> >>>
> >>> If I execute the code above, I get an “MessageNotUnderstood: reveiver of “atScope:” is nil” exception. If I remove the “view edges: allClasses  from: [ :cls | cls yourself ]  to: [ :cls | cls providerTypes].” statement I don’t get an exception, the RTMondorian view opens, but no classes are displayed as dots in the view.
> >>
> >> Indeed, thanks for reporting.
> >>
> >> I also noticed a bug in MooseQuery during the computation of messages like providerTypes. The problem appears when the opposite part of a relationship is nil. For example, when you have an invocation and the target cannot be resolved, the invocation will point to nil, and Moose gets unhappy. This is a problem in Moose and we need to solve it.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Doru
> >>
> >>
> >>> Any suggestions?
> >>>
> >>> Best regards
> >>> Meinert
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> _______________________________________________