Fwd: Re: last win32 VM

1 message Options

Fwd: Re: last win32 VM

Torsten Bergmann
See below. I agree with Andreas that the best place
would be in the FT2Plugin.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 17:51:56 -0800
Von: Andreas Raab <andreas.raab@....de>
An: Torsten Bergmann <astares@....de>
CC: [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: last win32 VM

Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Sebastian Sastre wrote on pharo-project list:
>> I've found this weird: downloaded the vm for win32 from pharo site and is
>> happening that it complies about no disk in drive G: every time I open an >image.
>> I've press continue a couple of times and the image opens normally.
>
> I would guess it is not the newest VM, but the code in "FreeTypeFontProvider>>guessWindowsFontFolderPath"
> running through all drives and F: is the last mapped drive on your system.
> Therefore it crashes when accessing drive G:
>
> On Vista this gives you a nice Win32 Exception. Maybe the FreeType code should switch to another way to get the windows system and font folder
> (using Registry, Win32 API, ... - but there is no FFI by default).
>
> However, quickfix is to disable the update in FreeTypeFontProvider>>startUp:
>
> So it is not a VM issue.

Probably not. My recommendation would be to move the responsibility of
determining the current font directory into the FT2Plugin. In which case
SHGetKnownFolderPath will do the trick nicely, see

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762188(VS.85).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762584(VS.85).aspx

Cheers,
   - Andreas

--
Computer Bild Tarifsieger! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a