[Fwd: Re: preferences refactoring]

Torsten Bergmann
Stephane wrote:
>Ideally I would like to have pharo and squeak versions separated (may
>be the packages should have a OB-Squeak and OB-Pharo).
>else we will never make real progress.

Dear Santa,

I would also like to see an own http://www.pharosource.org/.com MC repository server, otherwise confusion will grow in both worlds
the more progress happens. There we could host all "pharo-working"
packages.

Maybe this image can run on the same hardware but should be
accessible from another URL.

Thx
Torsten
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: [Fwd: Re: preferences refactoring]

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stephane wrote:
>Ideally I would like to have pharo and squeak versions separated (may
>be the packages should have a OB-Squeak and OB-Pharo).
>else we will never make real progress.

Dear Santa,

I would also like to see an own http://www.pharosource.org/.com MC repository server, otherwise confusion will grow in both worlds
the more progress happens. There we could host all "pharo-working"
packages.

I think when Pharo has its own code repository should be using new monticello 2 and sourcetalk

Maybe this image can run on the same hardware but should be
accessible from another URL.

Thx
Torsten
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: [Fwd: Re: preferences refactoring]

Stéphane Ducasse
mariano

did you use MC2?

> I think when Pharo has its own code repository should be using new
> monticello 2 and sourcetalk

Re: [Fwd: Re: preferences refactoring]

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
mariano

did you use MC2?

I tried. I even publish SqueakDBX on sourcetalk, but I have several problems. I couldn't make it work well :(    However, I think having a better control version system will help pharo. Even if you have to work and spend time in MC2.

I was discussed several times in different mailing lists, but I really don't like monticello. What I don't like is that I always have to save a hole package instead of a simple class or a method. The level of unit in MC (packge) is too big for me.

has Pharo a plan of using a better control version system ?

cheers,

Mariano