Fwd: Reply

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Kent Beck <[hidden email]>
> Date: April 20, 2010 6:56:08 PM GMT+02:00
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Reply
>
> I sent this to Laszlo but I also wanted it to go to the list. However, I am not a member so it was rejected. Could you post it for me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kent
>
>
> Laszlo,
>
> I built MongoTalk as a way of exploring NoSQL databases (I like to build my understanding bottom-up). After I got it working across VisualWorks and Pharo and whined about how much work that was I dropped further development.
>
> The code is not currently attached to any license. My first thought was to gpl it and make money from dual licensing, but the amount of money to be made seems so small that I'm leaning towards the MIT license and just not expecting any revenue from it. You are welcome to use it commercially. Remember me when you make a billion euros :-)
>
> As far as further development, I would be glad to have other people take the lead on the project. I won't be spending much more time on it unless a miracle happens and it shows commercial promise.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kent
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Reply

Laszlo Zsolt Kiss
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>  
>> From: Kent Beck <[hidden email]>
>> Date: April 20, 2010 6:56:08 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Reply
>>
>> I sent this to Laszlo but I also wanted it to go to the list. However, I am not a member so it was rejected. Could you post it for me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kent
>>
>>
>> Laszlo,
>>
>> I built MongoTalk as a way of exploring NoSQL databases (I like to build my understanding bottom-up). After I got it working across VisualWorks and Pharo and whined about how much work that was I dropped further development.
>>
>> The code is not currently attached to any license. My first thought was to gpl it and make money from dual licensing, but the amount of money to be made seems so small that I'm leaning towards the MIT license and just not expecting any revenue from it. You are welcome to use it commercially. Remember me when you make a billion euros :-)
>>
>> As far as further development, I would be glad to have other people take the lead on the project. I won't be spending much more time on it unless a miracle happens and it shows commercial promise.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kent
>>
>>
>>    
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list
> [hidden email]