Fwd: [SEWORLD] Call for Papers: Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools (PLATEAU) 2009

Fwd: [SEWORLD] Call for Papers: Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools (PLATEAU) 2009

Alexandre Bergel
I like the idea of this workshop. If someone is going to OOPSLA this
year, this may be interesting.
If someone plan to go there, let me know.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]
> in the input of other members of the programming research community
> working on related areas, such as refactoring, design patterns,
> program analysis, program comprehension, software visualization,
> end-user programming, and other programming language paradigms. Some
> particular areas of interest are:
>
> - empirical studies of programming languages
> - methodologies and philosophies behind language and tool evaluation
> - software design metrics and their relations to the underlying
> language
> - user studies of language features and software engineering tools
> - visual techniques for understanding programming languages
> - critical comparisons of programming paradigms, such as
> object-oriented vs. functional
> - tools to support evaluating programming languages
>
> SUBMISSIONS
>
> Participants are invited to submit a position paper describing their
> on going work. We will accept papers (from 4 to 6 pages) that describe
> work-in-progress or recently completed work based on the themes and
> goals of the workshop or related topics, report on experiences gained,
> question accepted wisdom, raise challenging open problems, or propose
> speculative new approaches. Longer submissions will be considered, but
> all submissions must be fewer than 10 pages.
>
> Submissions and final papers should be formatted using the ACM SIGPLAN
> 10 point format. Templates for Word and LaTeX are available at
> http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigplan/authorInformation.htm; this site also
> contains links to useful information on how to write effective
> submissions.
>
> Accepted submissions will be made available through this website and
> workshop participants are encouraged to have read the position papers
> before attending the workshop. Participants are also asked to prepare
> a presentation to support their position paper.
>
> ORGANIZERS (and members of the Committee)
>
> Craig Anslow - Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
> Shane Markstrum - Bucknell University, USA
> Emerson Murphy-Hill - University of British Columbia, Canada
>
> PROGRAM COMMITTEE
>
> Andrew Black - Portland State University, USA
> Larry Constantine - University of Madeira, Portugal
> Jeff Foster - University of Maryland, College Park, USA
> Robert Fuhrer - IBM Research, USA
> Donna Malayeri - EPFL, Switzerland/Carnegie Mellon University, USA
> Stuart Marshall - Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
> Todd Millstein - University of California, Los Angeles, USA
> James Noble - Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
> Ewan Tempero - University of Auckland, New Zealand
>
> For more information, please see the workshop website:
>
> http://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/Events/PLATEAU/WebHome

> To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
> mailto:[hidden email]
>
> http://www.sigsoft.org/seworld provides more
> information on SEWORLD as well as a complete archive of

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Moose-dev] Re: Fwd: [SEWORLD] Call for Papers: Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools (PLATEAU) 2009

Alexandre Bergel
> I like the topic of the workshop, because I have struggled with the
> problem of evaluating and comparing usability a lot in the past, and I
> see that Antoine and Frédéric have similar problems with their
> research. The only thing I hope is that this workshop is not on the
> same day as

I was thinking that having a short paper on Pharo will definitely be
of a good move.

> DLS (where we'll be presenting the RoelTyper paper, that
> got accepted after Frédéric improved the precision; watch out for this
> new version in Squeak and Pharo one of the coming days).

Congratulation!

> Alex, are you going to OOPSLA ?

Unfortunately not.  I won't attend ESUG as well. sic...
Next year my budget will be much larger.

Alexandre

> [...]
>>> Todd Millstein - University of California, Los Angeles, USA
>>> James Noble - Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
>>> Ewan Tempero - University of Auckland, New Zealand
>>>
>>> For more information, please see the workshop website:
>>>
>>> http://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/Events/PLATEAU/WebHome

>>> To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
>>> mailto:[hidden email]
>>>
>>> http://www.sigsoft.org/seworld provides more
>>> information on SEWORLD as well as a complete archive of
>>> messages posted to the list.
>>>

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Moose-dev] Re: Fwd: [SEWORLD] Call for Papers: Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools (PLATEAU) 2009

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not expect anything from this kind of workshop.

Stef

On Jul 21, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

>> I like the topic of the workshop, because I have struggled with the
>> problem of evaluating and comparing usability a lot in the past,
>> and I
>> see that Antoine and Frédéric have similar problems with their
>> research. The only thing I hope is that this workshop is not on the
>> same day as
>
> I was thinking that having a short paper on Pharo will definitely be
> of a good move.
>
>> DLS (where we'll be presenting the RoelTyper paper, that
>> got accepted after Frédéric improved the precision; watch out for
>> this
>> new version in Squeak and Pharo one of the coming days).
>
> Congratulation!
>
>> Alex, are you going to OOPSLA ?
>
> Unfortunately not.  I won't attend ESUG as well. sic...
> Next year my budget will be much larger.
>
> Alexandre
>

>> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Alexandre
>> Bergel<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I like the idea of this workshop. If someone is going to OOPSLA
>>> this year,
>>> this may be interesting.
>>> If someone plan to go there, let me know.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alexandre
>>>

>>> Begin forwarded message:

>>> --
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Moose-dev] Re: Fwd: [SEWORLD] Call for Papers: Evaluation and Usability of Programming Languages and Tools (PLATEAU) 2009

Alexandre Bergel
> I do not expect anything from this kind of workshop.

Me neither, but this workshop can be a good alternative to many other
workshop at oopsla. Moreover, a 4 pages paper does not require a lot
of work.

Alexandre