Fwd: Some Radial News

Stéphane Ducasse
Soem work on the roassal front :)

Thanks Mathieu

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Some Radial News
Date: April 9, 2013 2:29:43 PM GMT+02:00
To: Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>

Hello

I've worked on radial tree, and i have good results.

The code needs improvements, but it does work well.

I'll add bezier curves tomorrow I hope.

And then I'll focus on force based.

But what do you want the force based layout to do ?

I mean there's already one, so what does not work with it ?

I've add some picture of my work.

Mathieu

Re: Fwd: Some Radial News

Uko2
We need Mathieu on FAST visualization project on GSoC
http://gsoc2013.esug.org/projects/tree-visualization :)

Re: Some Radial News

abergel
Yes, this is excellent!!!

Alexandre

On Apr 9, 2013, at 12:18 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Soem work on the roassal front :)
>
> Thanks Mathieu
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Some Radial News
>> Date: April 9, 2013 2:29:43 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hello
>>

>> I've worked on radial tree, and i have good results.
>>
>> The code needs improvements, but it does work well.
>>

>> I'll add bezier curves tomorrow I hope.
>>

>> And then I'll focus on force based.
>>

>> But what do you want the force based layout to do ?
>>
>> I mean there's already one, so what does not work with it ?
>>

>> I've add some picture of my work.
>>

>> Mathieu
>>

>> <Collection after.png><Collection before.png><TestCase and 622 subclasses1.png><TestCase before.png>

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

SmallDude Examples

PabloEstefo
Hi everyone,

I am Pablo Estefó, undergrad student at Universidad de Chile.
I am working on a small experiment about code duplication in test methods. And I am looking for some examples of SmallDude usage.
I have already read the paper "How developers copy" [1] and looked at the tests and the moose book but I did not really get how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

[1] Mihai Balint,Tudor Girba, and Radu Marinescu, How Developers Copy http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/papers/Bali06aHowDevelopersCopy.pdf

Regards,
Pablo

Re: SmallDude Examples

Usman Bhatti
Hello Pablo,

You can start looking in the unit tests in SmallDude, that might help. I found the paper useful to understand the algo because currently the algo is cluttered with the visu, I would like to extract the algo part from the visu.

usman

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Pablo Estefó <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am Pablo Estefó, undergrad student at Universidad de Chile.
I am working on a small experiment about code duplication in test methods. And I am looking for some examples of SmallDude usage.
I have already read the paper "How developers copy" [1] and looked at the tests and the moose book but I did not really get how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

[1] Mihai Balint,Tudor Girba, and Radu Marinescu, How Developers Copy http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/papers/Bali06aHowDevelopersCopy.pdf

Regards,
Pablo

Re: SmallDude Examples

Tudor Girba-2
Exactly. SmallDude suffers from the same problem as DSM did: the algorithm is coupled with its application. The SmallDude algorithm should go to MooseAlgos

Doru

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Fwd: Some Radial News

SergeStinckwich
Great work ! Really nice.

I'm starting to think about using MOOSE/Roassal in order to analyze/visualize complex nextworks [1]

Something like Cytoscape: [2], [3] or igraph: [4]

I know that there is already some basic graph algo in MOOSE, can could be a great start.
Anyone interested by this topic ?

Regards,

Date: April 9, 2013 2:29:43 PM GMT+02:00
To: Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>

Hello

I've worked on radial tree, and i have good results.

The code needs improvements, but it does work well.

I'll add bezier curves tomorrow I hope.

And then I'll focus on force based.

But what do you want the force based layout to do ?

I mean there's already one, so what does not work with it ?

I've add some picture of my work.

Mathieu

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)