Fwd: Some question and request for Athens

1 message Options

Fwd: Some question and request for Athens

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tristan Bourgois <[hidden email]>
Subject: Some question and request for Athens
Date: March 25, 2013 11:45:31 AM GMT+01:00
To: Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]>
Cc: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>, LE PORS Eric <[hidden email]>

Hi Igor!

I have some questions and request for Athens :)

1 Do exist a possibility in Athens to draw a Surface on a Surface?
For example :
aSurf drawSurface: anOtherSurface at: aPosition
(I need it for draw image on a surface)

2 About my first question, I try to draw a png image on a Surface and
I get some strange behavior. When nothing is applied on my first
surface and draw the image in a rectangle path I crash the VM!
This an example I tried and crash my VM:

|surf pharoLogo ref path patternPaint|
surf := AthensCairoSurface extent: 600@600.

ref := 'pharo.png' asFileReference.
pharoLogo := AthensCairoSurface createFromFile: ref fullName ifFailed:[nil].

surf drawDuring: [:can|
surf clear.
patternPaint := can setPaint: pharoLogo.
patternPaint setExtend: #None.
can drawShape: (0@0 extent: pharoLogo extent).
].
Display getCanvas drawImage: surf asForm at: 0@0.

If you need more information about the crash and my environment ask it :)

3. Do exist something in Athens to create some text and get the extent
of the text? I tried to draw text but I only succeed to draw a text
without font (only width) and I don't found how to get the extent of
this text :( This is really important for the next of the porting
because I'm blocking on that and the textModel is not necessary for
the next of my work because they already have a layoutManager for the
text.

Thanks Igor :)

Tristan

PS: The porting advance as well :) I have animation and that's really amazing :)