Fwd: could you have a look athe HostSystemMenusTest

Fwd: could you have a look athe HostSystemMenusTest

Stéphane Ducasse
Does anybody know because I simply forgot.

Stef

Begin forwarded message:

> From: John M McIntosh <[hidden email]>
> Date: September 23, 2009 11:42:55 PM CEDT
> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: could you have a look athe HostSystemMenusTest
>
> Ok, you removed the 'File' menu on purpose then? That use to contain
> the 'Quit do not save' menu item
> If so the tests fail because I assume that menu is there. So I can
> fix it, if your intent was to remove the File menu
>

> On 2009-09-23, at 2:07 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>

>> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/23266/PharoCore-1.0-10451-BETA.zip
>> Stef
>>

>> On Sep 23, 2009, at 11:01 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:
>>
>>> Sure, you have a pointer to an image?

>>> --
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> ====================================================================
>>> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
>>> squeaker68882
>>> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> ====================================================================
>>>

> --
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
> squeaker68882
> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://
> www.smalltalkconsulting.com
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =

Re: Fwd: could you have a look athe HostSystemMenusTest

Michael Roberts-2
i don't remember... we could check the archives. However, a File->Open
would be quite handy for opening text files in a workspace.  At least
it would fit the platform.  Would it be annoying if we added the file
menu back in later?

cheers,
Mike

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anybody know because I simply forgot.
>
> Stef
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: John M McIntosh <[hidden email]>
>> Date: September 23, 2009 11:42:55 PM CEDT
>> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: could you have a look athe HostSystemMenusTest
>>
>> Ok, you removed the 'File' menu on purpose then? That use to contain
>> the 'Quit do not save' menu item
>> If so the tests fail because I assume that menu is there. So I can
>> fix it, if your intent was to remove the File menu
>>

>> On 2009-09-23, at 2:07 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>

>>>      http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/23266/PharoCore-1.0-10451-BETA.zip
>>> Stef

>> --
>> =
>> =
>> =
>> =
>> =
>> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
>> squeaker68882
>> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://
>> www.smalltalkconsulting.com
>> =
>> =
>> =
>> =
>> =

Re: Fwd: could you have a look athe HostSystemMenusTest

Stéphane Ducasse
marcus replied that ...
and john sent me fixes

On 24.09.2009, at 02:35, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2009, at 11:42 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>> Ok, you removed the 'File' menu on purpose then?
>
> no idea :)

I did that... the "File" menu had no entries with files. None. Just
quit. And those where in the App menu, too.

So I moved the quit entries to the app menu (my VM is configures to
have it named "Pharo, not "Squeak VM").
I moved the preferences there, too.

I think that having a File menu only makes sense for Apps that deal
with files in a meaningful way.

        Marcus