[Fwd: [gemstone-smalltalk] Gemstone/Smalltalk opportunity - Southeastern U.S.]

[Fwd: [gemstone-smalltalk] Gemstone/Smalltalk opportunity - Southeastern U.S.]

Mark Pirogovsky-3
I thought that US based smalltalkers might be interested...

Connecting Informix on Linux?

Giorgio Ferraris
Hi,

I have to use an informix Standard Engine on Linux.
Do you know if there is somewhere a EXDI connection for Visualworks? Or
there is some other way to get connected.
It seems to me that long time ago (2.5 or around) there was an informix
connection, but I don't see it anymore on the VW kit probably my memory is
getting me wrong...)

Thanks for any answer

Giorgio

Re: Connecting Informix on Linux?

Nick Yannakoyorgos
Giorgio,

No, your memory is correct, but it was simply an ODBC-based EXDI
(actually almost a complete copy of the DB2 EXDI with the classes
renamed). Obviously since it was ODBC based, it was only ever meant to
work on Windows.

Nick