Fwd: good keybinder

Stéphane Ducasse

Hi all

I would love to have emacs like end of line and others.
I remember that there were two keybinding frameworks working in Squeak.
It would be great to rescue one and use it in pharo.
Do you have any personal experience with that issue?

Re: Fwd: good keybinder

EstebanLM
On 2009-07-10 13:16:50 -0300, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> said:

> Hi all
>
> I would love to have emacs like end of line and others.
> I remember that there were two keybinding frameworks working in Squeak.
> It would be great to rescue one and use it in pharo.
> Do you have any personal experience with that issue?
>
> Stef

Well... Mars project was born because I was unable to properly program
a cmd+w key with keybinder :P
but anyway, +1 to a good keybinder :)

Esteban

Re: Fwd: good keybinder

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jul 10, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> On 2009-07-10 13:16:50 -0300, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> said:
>

>> Hi all
>>
>> I would love to have emacs like end of line and others.
>> I remember that there were two keybinding frameworks working in
>> Squeak.
>> It would be great to rescue one and use it in pharo.
>> Do you have any personal experience with that issue?
>>
>> Stef
>
> Well... Mars project was born because I was unable to properly program
> a cmd+w key with keybinder :P
> but anyway, +1 to a good keybinder :)
:-D
What are the news from Mars?

Stef

> Esteban

Re: Fwd: good keybinder

EstebanLM
Hi Stef,
Mars was sleeping last two months, because job obligations took all my
time. But is awake now, and I hope to make a new release very soon.
Right now I'm migrating the code base from a hand-made pluging
(MarsPlugin) to John's ObjectiveCBridge. This is taking some time
because the VM still has some problems . So, for the moment, main work
is: John made a change, I test it :). I hope this work is in the
benefit of the community it self, so I'm not worried about the consumed
time.
When this job is done, I expect to release a new version, with same
functionality as 0.1, but better callback events support.
After that, all remaining work is not so hard, so I expect to have a
stable (and complete) version for the end of the year.

Cheers,
Esteban

pd: of course, all help is welcomed :)

On 2009-07-11 03:33:20 -0300, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> said:

> On Jul 10, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> On 2009-07-10 13:16:50 -0300, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> said:
>>

>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I would love to have emacs like end of line and others.
>>> I remember that there were two keybinding frameworks working in
>
>>> Squeak.
>>> It would be great to rescue one and use it in pharo.
>>> Do you have any personal experience with that issue?
>>>
>>> Stef
>>
>> Well... Mars project was born because I was unable to properly program
>> a cmd+w key with keybinder :P
>> but anyway, +1 to a good keybinder :)
> :-D
> What are the news from Mars?
>
> Stef
>

>> Esteban

Re: Fwd: good keybinder

Alexandre Bergel
Keep us informed, I will be glad to try it out

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu