Fwd: [gsoc-mentors] Re: [ANN] Ideas for this year GSoC wanted

1 message Options

Fwd: [gsoc-mentors] Re: [ANN] Ideas for this year GSoC wanted

Alexandre Bergel-5

Holà!

Ahora es el momento para alumnos de describir proyectos para el gsoc.
In short:
  - tu describes lo que quiere hacer
  - la community de Smalltalk va votar
  - si tu idea esta elegida, vas a recibír (4000usd) para eso. Eso fue hace dos años. No se si eso a cambiado o no.

Personalmente, fue mentor en eso, y es bien bueno para un alumno.

Saludos,
Alexandre

Début du message transféré :

Expéditeur: "Carla F. Griggio" <[hidden email]>
Date: 19 mars 2012 12:26:38 UTC-05:00
Destinataire: [hidden email]
Objet: Rép : [gsoc-mentors] Re: [ANN] Ideas for this year GSoC wanted
Répondre à: [hidden email]

Hello!
I proposed myself as a mentor because I want to do the project, but I actually don't really have much experience on working with Excel files. So if you know more about the subject and you'd like to be first mentor, the place is yours :) I can still be second mentor and help :)

You're invited to improve the project idea also.

Project ideas are not closed. Students can still propose their own ideas, and we can still add some more too.

Cheers!
Carla.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Assargadon <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's amazing ESUG passed this year, unlike the last one.
Unfortunately, I was out-of-internet during generation-of-ideas period. Fortunately, idea about accessing Excel files was generated without me anyway.
And, if it's necessary, I'm applying to be second (as far as first already there) mentor of this project.

четверг, 1 марта 2012 г. 11:26:34 UTC+2 пользователь Janko Mivšek написал:
Dear Smalltalkers,

Let we apply this year again for the Google Summer of Code, which as you
know is a Google's stipendium program for students to encourage them
working on open-source projects [1].

Ok, our first step as community is to collect ideas for possible
projects and to apply to the GSoC as an organization. Deadline is next
Friday, so please hurry on with ideas. Just put them as reply to this
email or to admins directly and we will put them on our website [2].

Your project idea should be written as answers to these questions:

Name
Level (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
Possible mentor
Possible second mentor

Description
Technical Details