Fwd: #json: missing from GRCodecStream

Phil
oops - i sent this to the wrong mailing list.

This is probably GemStone specific...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Phil <[hidden email]>
Date: 23 November 2010 12:50:54 PM AEDT
To: Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
Subject: #json: missing from GRCodecStream

Hi All,

I was just trying out the jQuery autocomplete, and it bites the dust when trying to call:

GRNullCodecStream-#json:

The #json: method is implemented in Stream, so i'm guessing this is just an oversight while greasing up the seaside. I've added the method to GRCodecStream and all seems good again.

If this is not an oversight, please let me know with a hint on how i should be using it :)

Cheers,

Phil

Re: Fwd: #json: missing from GRCodecStream

BrunoBB

Hi,

Is this link http://seaside.gemstone.com/jade the latest Jade (Dolphin client to GLASS) version ?

Regards,

Bruno

oops - i sent this to the wrong mailing list.

This is probably GemStone specific...

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Jade download location

James Foster-8
Hi Bruno,

As this is the primary public distribution point, it is the latest public distribution. However, because this an informal goodie, its release process is not very formal. The latest is no my laptop and whenever I feel like it I copy things out to that location. The executable will be updated more frequently than the source code.

Today I made some changes so that Jade works with GemStone 32-bit 6.1.x, and I haven't published that executable.

Note, that I generally describe Jade as a Windows-based IDE for GemStone, not as a Dolphin client (though you could adapt it to be a Dolphin client).

James

On Nov 23, 2010, at 4:12 PM, Smalltalk wrote:

Hi,

Is this link http://seaside.gemstone.com/jade the latest Jade (Dolphin client to GLASS) version ?

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Jade download location

BrunoBB
Hi James,

I have installed GLASS appliance in my laptop and I will try to connect to
GLASS with Dolphin.

If you can send me the latest packages I will try it. I already downloaded
the ZIP from http://seaside.gemstone.com/jade

Thanks very much...

Regards,
Bruno

Bruno

Re: Jade download location

James Foster-8
Bruno,

I'll try to get everything updated in the next day or so. Until then you should be able to get it all working with the stuff currently available.

James

On Nov 23, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Smalltalk wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I have installed GLASS appliance in my laptop and I will try to connect to
> GLASS with Dolphin.
>
> If you can send me the latest packages I will try it. I already downloaded
> the ZIP from http://seaside.gemstone.com/jade
>
> Thanks very much...
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Jade download location

BrunoBB
James,

Thanks very much !

In the meantime I will try with the current version.

Regards,
Bruno

I'll try to get everything updated in the next day or so. Until then you
should be able to get it all working with the stuff currently available.

James

On Nov 23, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Smalltalk wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I have installed GLASS appliance in my laptop and I will try to connect to
> GLASS with Dolphin.
>
> If you can send me the latest packages I will try it. I already downloaded
> the ZIP from http://seaside.gemstone.com/jade
>
> Thanks very much...
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Jade download location

BrunoBB
Jame,

I'm trying to connect but I get an exception.

"Unable to Create GemStone session
TCP service 'gs64ldi' is not defined in the services file on node
'valuedcustomer'
No network error "

Regards,
Bruno

I'll try to get everything updated in the next day or so. Until then you
should be able to get it all working with the stuff currently available.

James

On Nov 23, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Smalltalk wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I have installed GLASS appliance in my laptop and I will try to connect to
> GLASS with Dolphin.
>
> If you can send me the latest packages I will try it. I already downloaded
> the ZIP from http://seaside.gemstone.com/jade
>
> Thanks very much...
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Jade download location

James Foster-8
This means that you don't have the TCP service 'gs64ldi' defined in the services file on node 'valuedcustomer'. You can defined the service (typically in C:\Windows\sys32\drivers\etc\services) or you can replace the service name with the port number defined (e.g., 50377).

James

On Nov 23, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Smalltalk wrote:

> Jame,
>
> I'm trying to connect but I get an exception.
>
> "Unable to Create GemStone session
> TCP service 'gs64ldi' is not defined in the services file on node
> 'valuedcustomer'
> No network error "
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Jade download location

BrunoBB
James,

I succeed to login with Jade. James very cool tool !!!.

I will start to play around.

The problem with "The versions of RPC client and Gem server are
incompatible" exception was the GemStone/s version.
You should select v2.3 in the Combo Box.

Regards,
Bruno