Fwd: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk

Fwd: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk

Stéphane Ducasse
doru

do you know if the library of adrian for FCA has been ported to Pharo?

Stef

Begin forwarded message:

From: Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]>
Date: October 13, 2011 5:28:18 PM GMT+02:00
Cc: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]>
Subject: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk

Hello Gabriella,

I am working with Stephane and Marianne on a paper related to FCA patterns. The idea is to identify a few patterns in FCA lattices that would reduce lattice exploring task to searching and looking at a few of these patterns. We describe the combination of nodes and subgraphs in the lattices as patterns. When identifying patterns, we took care of the following things:

1. the patterns should be generic (i.e. not related to a particular context)
2. the patterns should produce little false-positives (that is the nodes that are not important in lattices should not appear in candidates for evaluation)..

we presented our paper in wcre 2011 but it got rejected. Now, we are reviewing the paper to present it in CSMR 2012.

The purpose of the mail is that we are looking for a tool (specifically in Smalltalk) that would automate the process of patterns identification in FCA. So, I am looking for a library in FCA that:

- extracts program info from smalltalk (if possible)
- calculates lattices based on program info
- permits to do queries on lattices (top, bottom, a concept with objects, attributes, etc.)
- find horizontal decomposition and modules in lattices.

Would you have a knowledge of such a library?

If you wish I can send you the paper to have a look at it. There is a tool in Java called Colibri that allows to do some of these queries on lattices:
http://code.google.com/p/colibri-java/
ut its written in Java and I am looking for something in Smalltalk.

thanx in advance,

Usman

Re: Fwd: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The code is in the Moose-Algos-FormalConceptAnalysis package from the Moose image.

The algorithm is ported, but there are missing extensions for the Integer hierarchy related to bit logic.

If someone wants to port the rest, just run the below command, and then search for the methods in the VW version. They should be published as extensions in Moose-Algos-FormalConceptAnalysis.

MalFormalContext mammals2 computeConcepts

Cheers,
Doru

On 13 Oct 2011, at 19:53, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> doru
>
> do you know if the library of adrian for FCA has been ported to Pharo?
>
> Stef
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]>
>> Date: October 13, 2011 5:28:18 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Cc: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk
>>
>> Hello Gabriella,
>>
>> I am working with Stephane and Marianne on a paper related to FCA patterns. The idea is to identify a few patterns in FCA lattices that would reduce lattice exploring task to searching and looking at a few of these patterns. We describe the combination of nodes and subgraphs in the lattices as patterns. When identifying patterns, we took care of the following things:
>>
>> 1. the patterns should be generic (i.e. not related to a particular context)
>> 2. the patterns should produce little false-positives (that is the nodes that are not important in lattices should not appear in candidates for evaluation)..
>>
>> we presented our paper in wcre 2011 but it got rejected. Now, we are reviewing the paper to present it in CSMR 2012.
>>
>> The purpose of the mail is that we are looking for a tool (specifically in Smalltalk) that would automate the process of patterns identification in FCA. So, I am looking for a library in FCA that:
>>
>> - extracts program info from smalltalk (if possible)
>> - calculates lattices based on program info
>> - permits to do queries on lattices (top, bottom, a concept with objects, attributes, etc.)
>> - find horizontal decomposition and modules in lattices.
>>
>> Would you have a knowledge of such a library?
>>
>> If you wish I can send you the paper to have a look at it. There is a tool in Java called Colibri that allows to do some of these queries on lattices:
>> http://code.google.com/p/colibri-java/
>> but its written in Java and I am looking for something in Smalltalk.
>>

>> thanx in advance,
>>
>> Usman

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."

Re: Fwd: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk

Usman Bhatti
Thanx Doru.

I am looking now at Visual works and porting missing methods.

regards
Usman

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The code is in the Moose-Algos-FormalConceptAnalysis package from the Moose image.

The algorithm is ported, but there are missing extensions for the Integer hierarchy related to bit logic.

If someone wants to port the rest, just run the below command, and then search for the methods in the VW version. They should be published as extensions in Moose-Algos-FormalConceptAnalysis.

MalFormalContext mammals2 computeConcepts

Cheers,
Doru

On 13 Oct 2011, at 19:53, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> doru
>
> do you know if the library of adrian for FCA has been ported to Pharo?
>
> Stef
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]>
>> Date: October 13, 2011 5:28:18 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Cc: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk
>>
>> Hello Gabriella,
>>
>> I am working with Stephane and Marianne on a paper related to FCA patterns. The idea is to identify a few patterns in FCA lattices that would reduce lattice exploring task to searching and looking at a few of these patterns. We describe the combination of nodes and subgraphs in the lattices as patterns. When identifying patterns, we took care of the following things:
>>
>> 1. the patterns should be generic (i.e. not related to a particular context)
>> 2. the patterns should produce little false-positives (that is the nodes that are not important in lattices should not appear in candidates for evaluation)..
>>
>> we presented our paper in wcre 2011 but it got rejected. Now, we are reviewing the paper to present it in CSMR 2012.
>>
>> The purpose of the mail is that we are looking for a tool (specifically in Smalltalk) that would automate the process of patterns identification in FCA. So, I am looking for a library in FCA that:
>>
>> - extracts program info from smalltalk (if possible)
>> - calculates lattices based on program info
>> - permits to do queries on lattices (top, bottom, a concept with objects, attributes, etc.)
>> - find horizontal decomposition and modules in lattices.
>>
>> Would you have a knowledge of such a library?
>>
>> If you wish I can send you the paper to have a look at it. There is a tool in Java called Colibri that allows to do some of these queries on lattices:
>> http://code.google.com/p/colibri-java/
>> but its written in Java and I am looking for something in Smalltalk.
>>

>> thanx in advance,
>>
>> Usman

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."

Re: Fwd: looking for a FCA library in Smalltalk

Stéphane Ducasse
excellent!!!

Stef