Fwd: looking for volunteers to teach in Ghana this summer 2012

1 message Options

Fwd: looking for volunteers to teach in Ghana this summer 2012

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

It may interest some of you.

Stef

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dominique Sotteau <[hidden email]>
Subject: looking for volunteers to teach in Ghana this summer 2012
Date: December 10, 2011 4:59:30 PM GMT+01:00

Dear madam, sir,

This is an email to reach those who showed some interest for the AHED project at the University of Cape Coast, Ghana, whose aim is to update the level of lecturers of the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (DCSIT) of this university (and other universities in Ghana) and work on guiding them towards a PhD. The ultimate goal is to install an MSc and a PhD program in the department (which today offers only undergraduate training).

We would be grateful if you could forward the attached announcement to colleagues who might be interested.

We are looking for two volunteers who would be willing to teach in Cape Coast this summer 2012 for a period of 6 to 8 weeks (between June 15th and August 15th). See attached announcement.

I would also be grateful if you could let me know
- whether you might be, yourself, interested in teaching a course in the summer  2012;
- whether, although you are not free for the summer 2012, you would be interested in later opportunities;
- whether you would rather be deleted from my mailing list.

There might be opportunities to teach in DCSIT at the undergraduate level for a full semester or even a year.  If you are interested, please let me know.

I take the opportunity of this email to thank those who already manifested their interest or even applied. If you already applied, you don't need to send your documents again, just let Steven Davis know that you would be free this summer.

With all my thanks. I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Sincerely yours

Dominique Sotteau
previously DR CNRS, and later Head of international relation at INRIA, now retired.
+33 1 43 25 03 74

job-AHED-summer2012.pdf (555K) Download Attachment