Fwd: problems linking code

Franco Sabadini

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Franco Sabadini <[hidden email]>
Date: 2011/6/21
Subject: problems linking code
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email], Santiago Vidal <[hidden email]>

Hello,

We're trying to use Moose to analyze code replication on a Java application, but we haven't been able to link the model with the code, we already tried the 2 possibilities that are shown on the moose book and nothing worked, also we tried to do it with ArgoUML app and we couldn't do it either.

The Moose versions we tried are from 4.0 to 4.5, and we tried it in linux, windows and in mac OS.

Do you have any idea what could be happening?

Thanks.

- Franco

Re: Fwd: problems linking code

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

What exactly did you do?

One way to do it is like this:

- download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip

- download and unzip the corresponding sources
http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip

- you should get the following folders
ArgoUML-0.28.1/
        src/

- select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder

- point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Jun 2011, at 17:48, Franco Sabadini wrote:

> [...]

www.tudorgirba.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: FW: Fwd: problems linking code

Franco Sabadini
Hi,

we already tried that as we said we tried the 2 posibilities that appear on the moose book, and none of them work. After doing that we go to Browse -> Source and we can't see the code.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

- Franco

2011/6/21 Juan Francisco Hurtado <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Moose-dev] Fwd: problems linking code
> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:28:45 +0200
> CC: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Hi,
>
> What exactly did you do?
>
> One way to do it is like this:
>
> - download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
> http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip
>
> - download and unzip the corresponding sources
> http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip
>
> - you should get the following folders
> ArgoUML-0.28.1/
> src/
>
> - select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder
>
> - point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder
>

> Cheers,
> Doru

Santiago Vidal
Hi Doru,
I also followed your explanation but it didn't work for me neither. After selecting browse->source the screen is empty
Cheers
Santiago

2011/6/21 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Hi,

What exactly did you do?

One way to do it is like this:

- download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip

- download and unzip the corresponding sources
http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip

- you should get the following folders
ArgoUML-0.28.1/
       src/

- select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder

- point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Jun 2011, at 17:48, Franco Sabadini wrote:

Ing. Santiago A. Vidal
ISISTAN Research Institute
UNICEN University
Paraje Arroyo Seco
Campus Universitario
(B7001BBO) Tandil,
Bs. As. - Argentina
Phone: 54 2293 439840 Ext. 42
Fax:  54 2293 439681
Email: [hidden email]
http://www.exa.unicen.edu.ar/~svidal

Re: Fwd: problems linking code

Tudor Girba-2
Hi again,

Just a note: this only works for non stub classes. In the case of ArgoUML you should only select classes from all model classes.

To debug:

1. inspect the model

2. Print the following:
(self allModelClasses detect: [:each | each name = 'CPPParser']) self sourceAnchor fileName

This should provide a path like this:
'src/argouml-cpp/src/org/argouml/language/cpp/reveng/CPPParser.java'

3. Now print:
self rootFolder

This should provide a path to the root folder

4. Concatenate the two paths and lookup in the filesystem the file and see what is missing

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Jun 2011, at 20:07, Santiago Vidal wrote:

> Hi Doru,
> I also followed your explanation but it didn't work for me neither. After selecting browse->source the screen is empty
> Cheers
> Santiago
>
> 2011/6/21 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> What exactly did you do?
>
> One way to do it is like this:
>
> - download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
> http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip
>
> - download and unzip the corresponding sources
> http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip
>
> - you should get the following folders
> ArgoUML-0.28.1/
>        src/
>
> - select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder
>
> - point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 21 Jun 2011, at 17:48, Franco Sabadini wrote:

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: Fwd: problems linking code

Santiago Vidal
I tried and I found that the first path is
'src/argouml-cpp/src/org/argouml/language/cpp/reveng/CPPParser.java'
and the second is
'C:\Users\Santiago\ArgoUML-0-28-1\'

The slash are inverted. Is it the problem?

Thanks

Cheers
  Santiago

2011/6/22 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Hi again,

Just a note: this only works for non stub classes. In the case of ArgoUML you should only select classes from all model classes.

To debug:

1. inspect the model

2. Print the following:
(self allModelClasses detect: [:each | each name = 'CPPParser']) self sourceAnchor fileName

This should provide a path like this:
'src/argouml-cpp/src/org/argouml/language/cpp/reveng/CPPParser.java'

3. Now print:
self rootFolder

This should provide a path to the root folder

4. Concatenate the two paths and lookup in the filesystem the file and see what is missing

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Jun 2011, at 20:07, Santiago Vidal wrote:

> Hi Doru,
> I also followed your explanation but it didn't work for me neither. After selecting browse->source the screen is empty
> Cheers
> Santiago
>
> 2011/6/21 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi,
>
> What exactly did you do?
>
> One way to do it is like this:
>
> - download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
> http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip
>
> - download and unzip the corresponding sources
> http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip
>
> - you should get the following folders
> ArgoUML-0.28.1/
>        src/
>
> - select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder
>
> - point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder
>
> Cheers,
> Doru

Indeed, most likely this is the problem. You can try by changing the string of filename of CPPParser, and then to check the source text again. If that works, in means the problem was the '/'.

I somehow thought that this was fixed, but apparently it is not.

If you need a quick fix, you can replace the '/' with '\' in all source anchors. I will try to look into it later. The problem is that I cannot test it because I do not have Windows. Could you help later on in debugging?

Cheers,
Doru

On 22 Jun 2011, at 16:11, Santiago Vidal wrote:

> I tried and I found that the first path is
> 'src/argouml-cpp/src/org/argouml/language/cpp/reveng/CPPParser.java'
> and the second is
> 'C:\Users\Santiago\ArgoUML-0-28-1\'
>
> The slash are inverted. Is it the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cheers
>   Santiago
>

> 2011/6/22 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi again,
>
> Just a note: this only works for non stub classes. In the case of ArgoUML you should only select classes from all model classes.
>

> To debug:
>
> 1. inspect the model
>
> 2. Print the following:
> (self allModelClasses detect: [:each | each name = 'CPPParser']) self sourceAnchor fileName
>
> This should provide a path like this:
> 'src/argouml-cpp/src/org/argouml/language/cpp/reveng/CPPParser.java'
>
> 3. Now print:
> self rootFolder
>
> This should provide a path to the root folder
>
> 4. Concatenate the two paths and lookup in the filesystem the file and see what is missing
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 21 Jun 2011, at 20:07, Santiago Vidal wrote:
>
> > Hi Doru,
> > I also followed your explanation but it didn't work for me neither. After selecting browse->source the screen is empty
> > Cheers
> > Santiago
> >
> > 2011/6/21 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What exactly did you do?
> >
> > One way to do it is like this:
> >
> > - download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
> > http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip
> >
> > - download and unzip the corresponding sources
> > http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip
> >
> > - you should get the following folders
> > ArgoUML-0.28.1/
> >        src/
> >
> > - select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder
> >
> > - point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > On 21 Jun 2011, at 17:48, Franco Sabadini wrote:

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Fwd: problems linking code

Santiago Vidal
Hi,
The link worked after changing the '/'.
I'll help you on debugging it in Windows.
Thanks
  Santiago

2011/6/22 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Indeed, most likely this is the problem. You can try by changing the string of filename of CPPParser, and then to check the source text again. If that works, in means the problem was the '/'.

I somehow thought that this was fixed, but apparently it is not.

If you need a quick fix, you can replace the '/' with '\' in all source anchors. I will try to look into it later. The problem is that I cannot test it because I do not have Windows. Could you help later on in debugging?

Cheers,
Doru

On 22 Jun 2011, at 16:11, Santiago Vidal wrote:

> I tried and I found that the first path is
> 'src/argouml-cpp/src/org/argouml/language/cpp/reveng/CPPParser.java'
> and the second is
> 'C:\Users\Santiago\ArgoUML-0-28-1\'
>
> The slash are inverted. Is it the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cheers
>   Santiago
>

> 2011/6/22 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi again,
>
> Just a note: this only works for non stub classes. In the case of ArgoUML you should only select classes from all model classes.
>

> To debug:
>
> 1. inspect the model
>
> 2. Print the following:
> (self allModelClasses detect: [:each | each name = 'CPPParser']) self sourceAnchor fileName
>
> This should provide a path like this:
> 'src/argouml-cpp/src/org/argouml/language/cpp/reveng/CPPParser.java'
>
> 3. Now print:
> self rootFolder
>
> This should provide a path to the root folder
>
> 4. Concatenate the two paths and lookup in the filesystem the file and see what is missing
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 21 Jun 2011, at 20:07, Santiago Vidal wrote:
>
> > Hi Doru,
> > I also followed your explanation but it didn't work for me neither. After selecting browse->source the screen is empty
> > Cheers
> > Santiago
> >
> > 2011/6/21 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What exactly did you do?
> >
> > One way to do it is like this:
> >
> > - download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
> > http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip
> >
> > - download and unzip the corresponding sources
> > http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip
> >
> > - you should get the following folders
> > ArgoUML-0.28.1/
> >        src/
> >
> > - select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder
> >
> > - point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru

Doru,
Did you have time to fix this problem? Tell me if I you need help with debugging.
Cheers
  Santiago

2011/6/22 Santiago Vidal <[hidden email]>
> [...]

> > Cheers
> > Santiago
> >
> > 2011/6/21 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What exactly did you do?
> >
> > One way to do it is like this:
> >
> > - download the mse file for argouml 0.28.1 and load it in Moose
> > http://themoosebook.org/download/ArgoUML-0-28-1.zip
> >
> > - download and unzip the corresponding sources
> > http://argouml-downloads.tigris.org/nonav/argouml-0.28.1/ArgoUML-0.28.1-src.zip
> >
> > - you should get the following folders
> > ArgoUML-0.28.1/
> >        src/
> >
> > - select the model in Moose Panel, right click and then Utilities/Set root folder
> >
> > - point it to the ArgoUML-0.28.1 folder
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru

Not yet :(. I hope to get time to go through it next week.

Thanks for the offer, though. I will hold you to it :)

Cheers,
Doru

"Every thing has its own flow."