Fwd: [squeak-dev] forward engineering UML models into Smalltalk code

Stéphane Ducasse
>
>
> On Aug 9, 2011, at 9:50 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> greetings all,
>>
>> What tools exist to assist with the forward engineering of UML diagrams into Smalltalk code?  
>> I have been searching for some time but my results are swamped by tools that:
>>    - reverse engineer Smalltalk code into UML diagrams
>>    - implement new techniques moving beyond UML and MOF
>>
>> I am implementing the [electric power system] Common Information Model of IEC 61970 in Smalltalk.  This is defined as a UML Class Diagram (part of which I have attached) maintained using Enterprise Architect, which can export into XMI format.  I hoped there might be a way to load the XMI directly into Smalltalk classes.  Manually implementing the inheritance structure is straight forward, and I've developed a template for the aggregate relationships but an automated function would help to assure correctness, consistency and to track changes in the model.  
>>
>> <Mail Attachment.jpeg
>
>
> Hi btc
>
> In Moose on VW long time ago we implemented everything to load XMI, we had an emof reader that (I'm not sure anymore) was generating FAMIX classes.
> May be you should ask on the Moose mailing-list. I could check on our old store but I should find somewhere how to connect to it.
>
> Stef
>
>