Fwd: [squeakland] Four year old and her older sister win a Squeak-based programming contest in Singapore

Fwd: [squeakland] Four year old and her older sister win a Squeak-based programming contest in Singapore

Stéphane Ducasse
This is why I was sad to curve out etoys. But this is life.

Stef

Begin forwarded message:

>> I thought I should share this success story on this list.
>>
>> http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_405695.html
>>
>> I am a concil member of the Singapore IT Standards Committee[1] and
>> an
>> organizer of the
>> code::XtremeApps[2] programming contest.  We have had a Junior
>> Category since 2008
>> and it is targeted at children 12 years and below.  Last year we used
>> Alice and this year
>> we used Squeak.  We had about 31 teams with about 80 children
>> participate in this contest.
>>
>> The link above is about a two-person team (a 4 year old and her 8
>> year
>> old sister) who
>> wrote an application on healthy lifestyle focusing on anti-smoking
>> messages.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> [1] http://www.itsc.org.sg
>> [2] http://www.itsc.org.sg/codeXtremeApps2009.html

Re: Fwd: [squeakland] Four year old and her older sister win a Squeak-based programming contest in Singapore

SergeStinckwich
cool ! too bad i was in Singapore two weeks ago ...

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Stéphane
Ducasse<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is why I was sad to curve out etoys. But this is life.
>
> Stef
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>>> I thought I should share this success story on this list.
>>>
>>> http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_405695.html
>>>
>>> I am a concil member of the Singapore IT Standards Committee[1] and
>>> an
>>> organizer of the
>>> code::XtremeApps[2] programming contest.  We have had a Junior
>>> Category since 2008
>>> and it is targeted at children 12 years and below.  Last year we used
>>> Alice and this year
>>> we used Squeak.  We had about 31 teams with about 80 children
>>> participate in this contest.
>>>
>>> The link above is about a two-person team (a 4 year old and her 8
>>> year
>>> old sister) who
>>> wrote an application on healthy lifestyle focusing on anti-smoking
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.itsc.org.sg
>>> [2] http://www.itsc.org.sg/codeXtremeApps2009.html