Fwd: startup error in windows 10

HilaireFernandes

Hi,

Any idea? It seems related to an error calling Cairo library.

Hilaire

Re: Fwd: startup error in windows 10

Ben Coman
To provide the best chance for someone to help, can you provide:
* base Image version
* vm version
* systeminfo.exe (stripped of personally identifying data)
* video info from (wmic path win32_VideoController get /all /format:htable >> c:\temp\graphics.html)

cheers -ben

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 00:28, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any idea? It seems related to an error calling Cairo library.
>
> Hilaire

I asked the user to send me the PharoDebug.log to have a more accurate
feedback:

http://forum.drgeo.eu/file/n4025537/PharoDebug.log

Of course I should make him to test with a newer VM to see if the
problem is gone, but it is a bit  more complicate.

Are the video info necessary? The image world starts just fine.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Fwd: startup error in windows 10

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hilaire, do you have an URL so I can download the exact same thing that
users has?  I'm also on Windows 10.

I'll try to run in dev mode and see what happens!

On 2019-01-29 14:27, Hilaire wrote:

> I asked the user to send me the PharoDebug.log to have a more accurate
> feedback:
>
> http://forum.drgeo.eu/file/n4025537/PharoDebug.log
>
> Of course I should make him to test with a newer VM to see if the
> problem is gone, but it is a bit  more complicate.
>
> Are the video info necessary? The image world starts just fine.
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 28/01/2019 à 23:34, Ben Coman a écrit :
>> To provide the best chance for someone to help, can you provide:
>> * base Image version
>> * vm version
>> * systeminfo.exe (stripped of personally identifying data)
>>     * with dates added to hotfixes from
>> (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5472-view-windows-update-history-windows-10-a.html)
>> * video info from (wmic path win32_VideoController get /all
>> /format:htable >> c:\temp\graphics.html)

--
-----------------
Benoît St-Jean

Re: Fwd: startup error in windows 10

HilaireFernandes
Hi Benoit,

It is DrGeo 18.06
https://launchpad.net/drgeo/trunk/18.06/+download/DrGeo.app-18.06a.zip

Thanks to try out.

Hilaire

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 03:28, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
I asked the user to send me the PharoDebug.log to have a more accurate
feedback:

http://forum.drgeo.eu/file/n4025537/PharoDebug.log

Of course I should make him to test with a newer VM to see if the
problem is gone, but it is a bit  more complicate.

Are the video info necessary? The image world starts just fine.

Maybe not critical. Just trying to get coverage.
If two people download the same binary and get different results, then its something different in the environment
and a matter of carving up that space looking for patterns.
I've seen graphics issues arising only on specific video cards before.

cheers -ben

Hilaire

Le 28/01/2019 à 23:34, Ben Coman a écrit :
> To provide the best chance for someone to help, can you provide:
> * base Image version
> * vm version
> * systeminfo.exe (stripped of personally identifying data)
>    * with dates added to hotfixes from
> (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5472-view-windows-update-history-windows-10-a.html)
> * video info from (wmic path win32_VideoController get /all
> /format:htable >> c:\temp\graphics.html)

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Fwd: startup error in windows 10

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Hilaire,

Unfortunately, Dr. Geo suffers from the same problem I have with any
Pharo 6.x and 7.x image regarding the encoding of my name in Windows.
It crashes when the app starts at the exact same place and I can't do
much.  Sorry.

On 2019-01-30 08:15, Hilaire wrote:

> Hi Benoit,
>
> It is DrGeo 18.06
> https://launchpad.net/drgeo/trunk/18.06/+download/DrGeo.app-18.06a.zip
>
> Thanks to try out.
>
> Hilaire
>
> Le 30/01/2019 à 00:16, Benoit St-Jean via Pharo-users a écrit :
>> Hilaire, do you have an URL so I can download the exact same thing
>> that users has?  I'm also on Windows 10.
>>
>> I'll try to run in dev mode and see what happens!

--
-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

Re: Fwd: startup error in windows 10

HilaireFernandes
Hi Benoit,

You seems to describe another problem I am not sure to understand.

Is it related to the encoding of your name in the path of your system?

Does it look to your related to these bugs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/drgeo/+bug/1468205

https://bugs.launchpad.net/drgeo/+bug/1412834

?

Thanks to give a try

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Le 31/01/2019 à 01:58, Ben Coman a écrit :
> Maybe not critical. Just trying to get coverage.
Agree
> If two people download the same binary and get different results, then
> its something different in the environment
The situation is a bit different. According to the user description, Dr.
Geo was working on his Windows 10 host until he proceeded on a system
update this January.
> and a matter of carving up that space looking for patterns.
> I've seen graphics issues arising only on specific video cards before.

I did not receive yett the supplementary info from the user.

Best

Hilarie

--
Dr. Geo