GDP example

PabloEstefo
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to show you a new example we made yesterday:
2.- Click on “Choose example” menu
3.- Click on “pib”.
4.- Wait a few seconds
5.- Voilà!

Now you can see a bar chart and a map, the hight of the chart represents the value of GDP for a certain country (you can see which country is by positioning the mouse over a bar).
For your information “PIB - Producto Interno Bruto” is the spanish translation for: Gross Domestic Product.

The next step is to include other metrics and include them on the fly.

Cheers,
Ricardo, Alexandre and Pablo

Re: GDP example

Hannes Hirzel
Hello all

Unfortunately it opens with a debugger in FF 25. A reload brings an
empty screen and I can choose the example. However a debugger pops up
again.

Regards
--Hannes

On 11/27/13, Pablo Estefó <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just wanted to show you a new example we made yesterday:
> 1.- Go to: http://pestefo.github.io/roamber/
> 2.- Click on “Choose example” menu
> 3.- Click on “pib”.
> 4.- Wait a few seconds
> 5.- Voilà!
>
> Now you can see a bar chart and a map, the hight of the chart represents the
> value of GDP for a certain country (you can see which country is by
> positioning the mouse over a bar).
> For your information “PIB - Producto Interno Bruto” is the spanish
> translation for: Gross Domestic Product.
>
> The next step is to include other metrics and include them on the fly.
>
> Cheers,
> Ricardo, Alexandre and Pablo

Re: GDP example

PabloEstefo
Hi Hannes,

On Nov 27, 2013, at 12:35, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Unfortunately it opens with a debugger in FF 25. A reload brings an
> empty screen and I can choose the example. However a debugger pops up
> again.
Thanks for reporting that.

And yes, that is a known error in Firefox. We’ll fix that soon.
We currently use Chrome for development, so you may try to run the example using that browser.

Cheers,

Pablo

> Regards
> --Hannes
>
> On 11/27/13, Pablo Estefó <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I just wanted to show you a new example we made yesterday:
>> 1.- Go to: http://pestefo.github.io/roamber/
>> 2.- Click on “Choose example” menu
>> 3.- Click on “pib”.
>> 4.- Wait a few seconds
>> 5.- Voilà!
>>
>> Now you can see a bar chart and a map, the hight of the chart represents the
>> value of GDP for a certain country (you can see which country is by
>> positioning the mouse over a bar).
>> For your information “PIB - Producto Interno Bruto” is the spanish
>> translation for: Gross Domestic Product.
>>
>> The next step is to include other metrics and include them on the fly.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ricardo, Alexandre and Pablo

Re: GDP example

abergel
Works well on Safari.
By the way, the very same code when pasted in Pharo gives this :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/TMP/GDPAndWorldMap.png

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Nov 27, 2013, at 12:35 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Unfortunately it opens with a debugger in FF 25. A reload brings an
> empty screen and I can choose the example. However a debugger pops up
> again.
>
> Regards
> --Hannes
>
> On 11/27/13, Pablo Estefó <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I just wanted to show you a new example we made yesterday:
>> 1.- Go to: http://pestefo.github.io/roamber/
>> 2.- Click on “Choose example” menu
>> 3.- Click on “pib”.
>> 4.- Wait a few seconds
>> 5.- Voilà!
>>
>> Now you can see a bar chart and a map, the hight of the chart represents the
>> value of GDP for a certain country (you can see which country is by
>> positioning the mouse over a bar).
>> For your information “PIB - Producto Interno Bruto” is the spanish
>> translation for: Gross Domestic Product.
>>
>> The next step is to include other metrics and include them on the fly.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ricardo, Alexandre and Pablo

Re: GDP example

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you for the feedback regarding FF, Pablo, and the screen shot, Alexandre.

Is it possible to indicate the units on the y-axis?

--Hannes

On 11/27/13, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Works well on Safari.
> By the way, the very same code when pasted in Pharo gives this :
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/TMP/GDPAndWorldMap.png
>
> Alexandre
>

> On Nov 27, 2013, at 12:35 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> Unfortunately it opens with a debugger in FF 25. A reload brings an
>> empty screen and I can choose the example. However a debugger pops up
>> again.
>>
>> Regards
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 11/27/13, Pablo Estefó <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I just wanted to show you a new example we made yesterday:
>>> 1.- Go to: http://pestefo.github.io/roamber/
>>> 2.- Click on “Choose example” menu
>>> 3.- Click on “pib”.
>>> 4.- Wait a few seconds
>>> 5.- Voilà!
>>>
>>> Now you can see a bar chart and a map, the hight of the chart represents
>>> the
>>> value of GDP for a certain country (you can see which country is by
>>> positioning the mouse over a bar).
>>> For your information “PIB - Producto Interno Bruto” is the spanish
>>> translation for: Gross Domestic Product.
>>>
>>> The next step is to include other metrics and include them on the fly.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ricardo, Alexandre and Pablo
>>>

>>> --

Re: GDP example

abergel
Yes it does.

Enter:

>>      | diag |
>>        diag := GETDiagramBuilder new.
>>        diag lineDiagram
>>                height: 200;
>>                models: (0 to: 100);
>>                y: [ :x | x*x ];
>>                x: [:x | x + 100 ];
>>                regularAxis.
>>        diag interaction popUpText.
>>        diag open

Select it, press do-it.
It takes long to render on my machine. Really strange. We need to look into why

On Nov 27, 2013, at 7:30 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the feedback regarding FF, Pablo, and the screen shot, Alexandre.
>
> Is it possible to indicate the units on the y-axis?
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 11/27/13, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Works well on Safari.
>> By the way, the very same code when pasted in Pharo gives this :
>>
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/TMP/GDPAndWorldMap.png
>>
>> Alexandre
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.
>>

>> On Nov 27, 2013, at 12:35 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> Unfortunately it opens with a debugger in FF 25. A reload brings an
>>> empty screen and I can choose the example. However a debugger pops up
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> --Hannes

Re: GDP example

Manfred Kröhnert
Great work.
I like the new demos.
Let's see what comes up next ;-)

Best,
Manfred

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes it does.

Enter:
>>      | diag |
>>        diag := GETDiagramBuilder new.
>>        diag lineDiagram
>>                height: 200;
>>                models: (0 to: 100);
>>                y: [ :x | x*x ];
>>                x: [:x | x + 100 ];
>>                regularAxis.
>>        diag interaction popUpText.
>>        diag open

Select it, press do-it.
It takes long to render on my machine. Really strange. We need to look into why

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Nov 27, 2013, at 7:30 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the feedback regarding FF, Pablo, and the screen shot, Alexandre.
>
> Is it possible to indicate the units on the y-axis?
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 11/27/13, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Works well on Safari.
>> By the way, the very same code when pasted in Pharo gives this :
>>
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31543901/TMP/GDPAndWorldMap.png
>>
>> Alexandre
>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.
>>

>> On Nov 27, 2013, at 12:35 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all
>>>
>>> Unfortunately it opens with a debugger in FF 25. A reload brings an
>>> empty screen and I can choose the example. However a debugger pops up
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> --Hannes

Re: GDP example