GL inspector, editing attribute

HilaireFernandes
Hello,

From a GL inspector, how am I supposed to change the value of an
attribute. When I double click on its value, I have a in place editor,
but changing and validating with Enter or Alt-s does not work.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: GL inspector, editing attribute

Tudor Girba-2
I guess you mean GT Inspector, right?

In that case, both Enter and Cmd+s should work.

Could you describe what you do and perhaps add screeshots?

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

From a GL inspector, how am I supposed to change the value of an

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GL inspector, editing attribute

HilaireFernandes
Sorry, I don't have Cmd key on my keyboard.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu
http://google.com/+DrgeoEu

Re: GL inspector, editing attribute

HilaireFernandes
Le 16/07/2015 03:53, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Could you describe what you do and perhaps add screeshots?

See screenshot.

Btw, from the palyground, when I print a value and want to browse the
printed class, how can I do it? Selecting the class and Alt/Ctrl-b does
not work (capture2)

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Capture.png (217K) Download Attachment
Capture2.png (217K) Download Attachment

Re: GL inspector, editing attribute

Nicolai Hess
If you want to change an attribute of a "subelement" in the tree - this does not work.
only the attributes of the top/root node can be changed that way.

As I understand the comments in this issue, this will not be changed.
GTInspector: explore only

Le 16/07/2015 03:53, Tudor Girba a écrit :
> Could you describe what you do and perhaps add screeshots?

See screenshot.

Btw, from the palyground, when I print a value and want to browse the
printed class, how can I do it? Selecting the class and Alt/Ctrl-b does
not work (capture2)

Re: GL inspector, editing attribute

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 16 Jul 2015, at 05:38, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Btw, from the palyground, when I print a value and want to browse the
> printed class, how can I do it? Selecting the class and Alt/Ctrl-b does
> not work (capture2)

Normally you should be able to do command-click on class and selector names, that works on Mac anyway. It was broken for a while in Pharo 5 but it seems to be fixed now. But if command-b fails too, then there might be another problem.

Re: GL inspector, editing attribute

EstebanLM

On 16 Jul 2015, at 09:25, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you want to change an attribute of a "subelement" in the tree - this does not work.
only the attributes of the top/root node can be changed that way.

As I understand the comments in this issue, this will not be changed.
GTInspector: explore only

Actually, what Doru says is that it will not be changed in current implementation because they are working in a complete new implementation (based on Brick and some other stuff they want to include).
Which means it will be tackled, but with next iteration of the tool :)
… and yes, I find too that Doru assumes everybody understand/knows they are working on a new tool, and then he does not provide enough information… happens time to time :S

Esteban