GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 released

1 message Options

GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 released

Dale Henrichs
GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 has just been released. Here' the list of bugs that
have been fixed in this release:

- fix DateAndTime #fromString: and #readFrom: for 2.4.4+ versions where
   seconds is written as a Float
- fix Issue 2: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=2
   "Creating class with nil superclass"
- fix Issue 20: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=20
   "DateAndTime>>asTime, GS vs Squeak"
- fix Issue 32: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=32
   "UserDefinedError defaulAction ends up with bogus error message"
- fix Issue 38: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=38
   "CharacterCollection>>substrings is broken"
- fix Issue 60: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=60
   "Association and SymbolAssociation cannot be compared "correctly""
- fix Issue 86: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=86
   "String>>truncateTo:"
- fix Issue 129: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=129
   "ExceptionSet problem with legacy wrapper"
- fix Issue 149: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=149
   "TimeSpan>>#= update"
- fix Issue 150: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=150
   "DateAndTime and Date julianDayNumber implementation way off"
- fix Issue 157: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=157
   "MessageNotUnderstood needs to be more consistent with Pharo
   impementation"
- fix Issue 159: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=159
   "#perform: doesn''t throw 2010, MNU not raised"
- fix Issue 161: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=161
   "MessageNotUnderstood sends #fooBar to nil when directly signalled"
- fix Issue 164: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=164
   "need to test for base overrides"

I've loaded Seaside3.0 on top of 1.8.3 and all of the tests pass (except
for a sentButNotImplmented failure and a coupls of base overridden tests).

I added a test that looks for overrides of base methods, so that the we
can do a sanity check on the need for GLASS overrides as the code in the
base evolves ... The test is written so that you can account for your
own base overrides, if you are interested in seeing all tests run green.

As always, make a back up before upgrading the GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 and
please use the Update button
(http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GemToolsUpdate).

Let me know if you run into issues.

Dale