GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 released

Dale Henrichs
GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 has just been released. Here' the list of bugs that
have been fixed in this release:

- Metacello 1.0-beta.27.4 (Metacello Issues 80, 95)
- use Squeak-based algorithm for BinaryFloat?>>absPrintOn:base:, used by
   Grease and javascript
- add transcript category to ObjectLogEntry? for (surprise!) transcript
   entries
- feedback to Transcript when saving mcz file to HTTP repository
- improved handling of compilation errors during .mcz load
- fix  Issue 5  "Base64MimeConverter?(c)>>encodeInteger: uses wrong
   length"
- fix  Issue 48  "Date class>>readFrom: interprets '01/12/10' as
   '01/12/1910'

As always, make a back up before upgrading the GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 and
please use the Update button
(http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GemToolsUpdate).

When you update, if the current version of GLASS shows as 1.0-beta.9, go
ahead and list all versions so that you can update to 1.0-beta.4 ... The
update is compatible and updating to 1.0-beta.8.4 will ensure that all
of the packages that need to be refreshed are loaded.

Let me know if you run into issues.

Dale

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 released

FDominicus
Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> writes:

> GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 has just been released. Here' the list of bugs that
> have been fixed in this release:
>
> - Metacello 1.0-beta.27.4 (Metacello Issues 80, 95)
> - use Squeak-based algorithm for BinaryFloat?>>absPrintOn:base:, used by
>   Grease and javascript
> - add transcript category to ObjectLogEntry? for (surprise!) transcript
>   entries
> - feedback to Transcript when saving mcz file to HTTP repository
> - improved handling of compilation errors during .mcz load
> - fix  Issue 5  "Base64MimeConverter?(c)>>encodeInteger: uses wrong
>   length"
> - fix  Issue 48  "Date class>>readFrom: interprets '01/12/10' as
>   '01/12/1910'
>
> As always, make a back up before upgrading the GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 and
> please use the Update button
> (http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GemToolsUpdate).
Maybe I'm too dumb but if I go do update Glass I just can see
the most actual update to be beta-8.2.

and if I look not all the description of all tools I just can read

1.0-beta.8.2 <release>
- improve debugger window title error messages for UserDefinedErrors and
Halts. Need GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 or later to see the improved results (see
Issue 32: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=32).

So I need a latter beta to update to an earlier version?

Regards
Friedrich

Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 released

Dale Henrichs
Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

> Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 has just been released. Here' the list of bugs that
>> have been fixed in this release:
>>
>> - Metacello 1.0-beta.27.4 (Metacello Issues 80, 95)
>> - use Squeak-based algorithm for BinaryFloat?>>absPrintOn:base:, used by
>>   Grease and javascript
>> - add transcript category to ObjectLogEntry? for (surprise!) transcript
>>   entries
>> - feedback to Transcript when saving mcz file to HTTP repository
>> - improved handling of compilation errors during .mcz load
>> - fix  Issue 5  "Base64MimeConverter?(c)>>encodeInteger: uses wrong
>>   length"
>> - fix  Issue 48  "Date class>>readFrom: interprets '01/12/10' as
>>   '01/12/1910'
>>
>> As always, make a back up before upgrading the GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 and
>> please use the Update button
>> (http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GemToolsUpdate).
> Maybe I'm too dumb but if I go do update Glass I just can see
> the most actual update to be beta-8.2.
>
> and if I look not all the description of all tools I just can read
>
> 1.0-beta.8.2 <release>
> - improve debugger window title error messages for UserDefinedErrors and
> Halts. Need GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 or later to see the improved results (see
> Issue 32: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=32).
>
> So I need a latter beta to update to an earlier version?
>
> Regards
> Friedrich

Ahh, I can see where there is confusion ... You want to use the
Update...>Update GLASS menu item to update GLASS ... I'd guess that you
are using the Update GemTools Launcher menu item ...

Sorry about that ... The version numbers are very similar so it is easy
to get confused...

Dale

So this fixes the problem with "no information for error xxxx" when I use something like:  ^self error: 'Sanity check failed'   in my code?

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 released

Dale Henrichs
Jon Paynter wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>
>         Dale Henrichs <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         writes:
>

>             1.0-beta.8.2 <release>
>             - improve debugger window title error messages for
>             UserDefinedErrors and
>             Halts. Need GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 or later to see the improved
>             results (see
>             Issue 32: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=32).
>
>             So I need a latter beta to update to an earlier version?
>
>             Regards
>             Friedrich
>

>     Ahh, I can see where there is confusion ... You want to use the
>     Update...>Update GLASS menu item to update GLASS ... I'd guess that
>     you are using the Update GemTools Launcher menu item ...
>
>     Sorry about that ... The version numbers are very similar so it is
>     easy to get confused...
>
> So this fixes the problem with "no information for error xxxx" when I
> use something like:  ^self error: 'Sanity check failed'   in my code?

Jon,

To fix the bad error messages and show the correct title in the debugger
you need to upgrade both GemTools (to version 1.0-beta.2) and GLASS (to
1.0-beta.3 or 1.0-beta.4).

Dale

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.4 released

Dale Henrichs
Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Jon Paynter wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>>
>>         Dale Henrichs <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>         writes:
>>

>>             1.0-beta.8.2 <release>
>>             - improve debugger window title error messages for
>>             UserDefinedErrors and
>>             Halts. Need GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 or later to see the improved
>>             results (see
>>             Issue 32: http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=32).
>>
>>             So I need a latter beta to update to an earlier version?
>>
>>             Regards
>>             Friedrich
>>

>>     Ahh, I can see where there is confusion ... You want to use the
>>     Update...>Update GLASS menu item to update GLASS ... I'd guess that
>>     you are using the Update GemTools Launcher menu item ...
>>
>>     Sorry about that ... The version numbers are very similar so it is
>>     easy to get confused...
>>
>> So this fixes the problem with "no information for error xxxx" when I
>> use something like:  ^self error: 'Sanity check failed'   in my code?
>>
> Jon,
>
> To fix the bad error messages and show the correct title in the debugger
> you need to upgrade both GemTools (to version 1.0-beta.2) and GLASS (to
> 1.0-beta.3 or 1.0-beta.4).
>
> Dale

Oh, if that doesn't do the trick let me know:)

Dale