GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Dale Henrichs
Earlier today I release the configurations for Seaside 3.0.4. I
announced the availability of the configs on Seaside Dev group[1], with
the official announcement coming after a few release artifacts are ready.

For the GemStone folks, things are ready to go. In addition to the
general Seaside fixes[2], I fixed a number of GemStone-specific bugfixes
(or more correctly integrated fixes from you guys ... thanks):

   - latest mcz files for 3.0.4 see
       http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside304Changelog
   - fix Issue 231: "WABasicDevelopment>>#reapSeasideCache, assumes
     WADispatcher>>#default returns a WADispatcher"  [GemStone]
       http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=231
   - fix Issue 239: "using WAFastCGIAdaptor leads the false conversion
     of + in urls. [GemStone]"
       http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=239
   - fix Issue 217: MultibyteString JavascriptOn infinite recursion
       http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=217
   - add JSJsonStreamTest>>testStringMultiByte to common test suite
   - fix Issue 221: JQAutocomplete broken on GemStone
       http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=221

For best results it is highly recommended that you upgrade[3] to GLASS
1.0-beta.8.6 before loading or upgrading to Seaside 3.04 as there were a
fair number of bugfixes included that are necessary to correctly upgrade
to Seaside 3.0.4 from Seaside 3.0.3 and earlier.

Visit[4] for the full 1.0-beta.8.6 change log.

For loading Seaside 3.0 follow the instructions here[5].

Let me know if you have any trouble or questions,

Dale

[1] http://forum.world.st/Seaside-3-0-4-tp3320305p3334456.html
[2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside304Changelog
[3] http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GemToolsUpdate#Update_GLASS
[4] http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GlassReleaseLog#1.0-beta.8.6
[5] http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/Seaside30Configuration

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

Coming from a 1.0-beta.5 repository, when upgrading to 1.0-beta.6, I'm getting a DNU for #bypassGoferLoadUpdateCategories
The repository is a fresh GemStone install extent which was only upgraded to 1.0-beta.5.

I will now try starting from a fresh extent and going directly to 1.0-beta.6

Johan

On 05 Mar 2011, at 08:45, Johan Brichau wrote:

> I will now try starting from a fresh extent and going directly to 1.0-beta.6

... and just tried from a fresh extent: same error

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Dale Henrichs

On Mar 5, 2011, at 12:08 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> On 05 Mar 2011, at 08:45, Johan Brichau wrote:
>
>> I will now try starting from a fresh extent and going directly to 1.0-beta.6
>
> ... and just tried from a fresh extent: same error

Grrrr....That's a problem with Metacello trying to upgrade itself ...

Try:

        ConfigurationOfMetacello project updateProject.
        ConfigurationOfMetacello bootstrapMetacelloFrom: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello' .

That uses Gofer to load the key metacello packages...then try the update again.

Dale

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Dale Henrichs
You didn't mention, but are you doing this from topaz? I think Otto had this problem a while back and it was traced to not setting autoCommit to true during a topaz load ...

Dale

On Mar 4, 2011, at 11:45 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Coming from a 1.0-beta.5 repository, when upgrading to 1.0-beta.6, I'm getting a DNU for #bypassGoferLoadUpdateCategories
> The repository is a fresh GemStone install extent which was only upgraded to 1.0-beta.5.
>
> I will now try starting from a fresh extent and going directly to 1.0-beta.6
>
> Johan
>
> On 04 Mar 2011, at 02:04, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
>> Let me know if you have any trouble or questions,

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Dale,

I'm doing this from the gemtools.
After running the update for metacello, I get the same problem.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Johan

On 05 Mar 2011, at 19:56, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> You didn't mention, but are you doing this from topaz? I think Otto had this problem a while back and it was traced to not setting autoCommit to true during a topaz load ...
>
> Dale
>
> On Mar 4, 2011, at 11:45 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> Coming from a 1.0-beta.5 repository, when upgrading to 1.0-beta.6, I'm getting a DNU for #bypassGoferLoadUpdateCategories
>> The repository is a fresh GemStone install extent which was only upgraded to 1.0-beta.5.
>>
>> I will now try starting from a fresh extent and going directly to 1.0-beta.6
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> On 04 Mar 2011, at 02:04, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>
>>> Let me know if you have any trouble or questions,

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Dale Henrichs
This is a problem that I saw quite awhile ago and personally haven't seen it for a long time ...

Do you have autoMigrate turned off? I think this bug is related to a migration issue.

`MetacelloGemStonePlatform initialize` will probably get you going again, but that shouldn't be necessary. I did a number of loads against a variety of initial starting versions and didn't see any problems.

Dale

On Mar 5, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> I'm doing this from the gemtools.
> After running the update for metacello, I get the same problem.
>
> Am I the only one having this problem?
>
> Johan
>
> On 05 Mar 2011, at 19:56, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
>> You didn't mention, but are you doing this from topaz? I think Otto had this problem a while back and it was traced to not setting autoCommit to true during a topaz load ...
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On Mar 4, 2011, at 11:45 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dale,
>>>
>>> Coming from a 1.0-beta.5 repository, when upgrading to 1.0-beta.6, I'm getting a DNU for #bypassGoferLoadUpdateCategories
>>> The repository is a fresh GemStone install extent which was only upgraded to 1.0-beta.5.
>>>
>>> I will now try starting from a fresh extent and going directly to 1.0-beta.6
>>>
>>> Johan

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Johan Brichau-2
That indeed fixes the problem.

Yes, I have automigrate turned off.
Should this be left on for updating?

On 05 Mar 2011, at 22:17, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> This is a problem that I saw quite awhile ago and personally haven't seen it for a long time ...
>
> Do you have autoMigrate turned off? I think this bug is related to a migration issue.
>
> `MetacelloGemStonePlatform initialize` will probably get you going again, but that shouldn't be necessary. I did a number of loads against a variety of initial starting versions and didn't see any problems.
>
> Dale
>
> On Mar 5, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> I'm doing this from the gemtools.
>> After running the update for metacello, I get the same problem.
>>
>> Am I the only one having this problem?
>>
>> Johan
>>
>> On 05 Mar 2011, at 19:56, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>>
>>> You didn't mention, but are you doing this from topaz? I think Otto had this problem a while back and it was traced to not setting autoCommit to true during a topaz load ...
>>>
>>> Dale

Re: GLASS 1.0-beta.8.6 released

Dale Henrichs
Having autoMigrate turned off is why the update of Metacello failed ... that particular update changed the shape of an object that was actively used during the update, so without the migrate of the instance the new state was missing as well as the new methods which lead to the MNU ...

I do all of my testing with autoMigrate (for this reason) and in development I think it is the right setting to use since it duplicates the behavior of the Pharo environment ...

Automigrate is an option because automigration can be much slower to use in GemStone if there are a lot of instances to migrate or a bunch individual migrations ... sometimes a load that never finishes with autoMigrate on can finish with autoMigrate turned off.

With autoMigrate off you do have to worry about migrating any instances of old class versions yourself ...

I have started work on GsDeployer which is intended to supply some support for doing bulk migrates after a load, but because of problems like the Metacello problem (initialization that expects migrated instances is also problematic), I can't just apply the better algorithms across the board.

GsDeployer is in 1.0-beta.8.6 and i encourage you to take a look at it, expecially GsDeployer class>>cleanClassHistory, because it will clean up all of the old class histories and migrate any instances of the old class versions ...

I pushed 1.0-beta.8.6 a bit prematurely because you needed some of the bugfixes in it for Seaside 3.0.4

Dale

On Mar 5, 2011, at 10:58 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> That indeed fixes the problem.
>
> Yes, I have automigrate turned off.
> Should this be left on for updating?
>
> On 05 Mar 2011, at 22:17, Dale Henrichs wrote:
>
>> This is a problem that I saw quite awhile ago and personally haven't seen it for a long time ...
>>
>> Do you have autoMigrate turned off? I think this bug is related to a migration issue.
>>
>> `MetacelloGemStonePlatform initialize` will probably get you going again, but that shouldn't be necessary. I did a number of loads against a variety of initial starting versions and didn't see any problems.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On Mar 5, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Johan Brichau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dale,
>>>
>>> I'm doing this from the gemtools.
>>> After running the update for metacello, I get the same problem.
>>>
>>> Am I the only one having this problem?
>>>
>>> Johan

daily job

quynhanh06
Solid partners【ドクターヘリとは救急医療設備を装備した、急患を病院まで緊急搬送するための特殊なヘリコプターです 】  当サイト「ヘリポート写真集」は、緊急離着陸が必要不可欠なドクターヘリをはじめ、大震災などの緊急時に使用する避難用・防災用のヘリポートを写真でご紹介いたします。 We are beside ourselves

shared919

quynhanh06
Utilizing the mechanism of WEB and IT, a new creative form of marketing. We are based on a strategy of what the Internet and our customers continue to par on 画像 切り抜き Sample sales can be a great opportunity to find bargains from New York top designers. These resources will help you find sample sales during your visit InDesign 組版DTP at デジタルカタログ 作成 With the current economy, we are all looking to save money. Online sample sales are a great way to build your wardrobe without spending a fortune. You can find HTML コーディング Withスマートフォン コーディング、スマホ アプリ作成to leverage the characteristics of the Internet, to promote the business has been required by all companies, and how at any stage, we help to maximize the achievement of our customers with our linksabove Although I think a lot of WEB production company, and is often responsible for only a portion of the production, in our, but can be promoted in an integrated manner to reduce operational costs and operational efficiency from planning and construction is characterized.