GLASS + SSL?

keropotter
Hi, all!!!

I'm trying to find a way to connect to a server via SSL. It's a mandatory requirement for a system we're developing, and I can't find anything that will allow me to connect via SSL from gemstone.

Thank you very much!!
Alejandro

Re: GLASS + SSL?

James Foster-8
Hi Alejandro,

Tell us more about your requirements. Which connection to GemStone needs to be SSL? Are you building a web application? Is it the connection from the web browser (e.g., Firefox) to the web server (e.g., Apache) that needs to use SSL?

James

Re: GLASS + SSL?

keropotter
Hi, James!! Thanks for your quick reply!

I need to Authenticate users via a corporate LDAP server, which requires a secure connection using SSL. I've tried successfully to use an SSL tunnel, but the company refuses to use such a tunnel to their production servers. That's why I need another way to connect via SSL.

Any other information you need, please tell me!

Thanks in advance,
Alejandro

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 5:21 PM, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alejandro,

Tell us more about your requirements. Which connection to GemStone needs to be SSL? Are you building a web application? Is it the connection from the web browser (e.g., Firefox) to the web server (e.g., Apache) that needs to use SSL?

James

Re: GLASS + SSL?

James Foster-8
Hi Alejandro,

Are these users represented by instances of UserProfile and are they logging in to GemStone using Topaz or GBS? If so, then you are in luck! A new feature of GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.0 is LDAP authentication. See http://community.gemstone.com/download/attachments/6816350/GS64-ReleaseNotes-3.0.pdf?version=1. If you mean something else by "users" then tell us more about your application. Are you building a web application?

James