[GLASS] [Seaside]

Reg Krock-3
Which configuration of seaside should be loaded into Gemstone/S 3.2?

Regards,

Reg

Re: [GLASS] [Seaside]

Dale Henrichs-3
Reg,

I've run the 3.0.9.1 Seaside tests against 3.2 and they passed.

I also did some work for 3.0.10 and 3.2, but I seem to recall hearing that 3.0.10 "shouldn't be used with gemstone", but I can't find the reference ... looking at the diffs the Grease version has been updated and a handful of packages were updated  ...

according to #stable it looks like 3.0.12 is supposed to be the latest version, but 3.0.10, 3.0.11 and 3.0.12 are all blessed as development, so I'm not sure how stable they actually are ... and I didn't port them to GemStone 3.2 _because_ they were all blessed as development.

AFAIK, 3.0.9 is the last version that was "released" and 3.0.9.1 has been ported to GemStone 3.2 ...

Perhaps someone else, can provide better information:)

Dale

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Reg Krock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Which configuration of seaside should be loaded into Gemstone/S 3.2?

Regards,

Reg

Re: [GLASS] [Seaside]

Paul DeBruicker
Not sure but you're probably safe to use Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.2 if you're safe to use anything.  If any porting work for Seaside to GemStone 3.2 has been done or is necessary it hasn't been discussed publicly yet.

See: http://forum.world.st/release-3-1-1-td4759404.html

Dale Henrichs-3 wrote
Reg,

I've run the 3.0.9.1 Seaside tests against 3.2 and they passed.

I also did some work for 3.0.10 and 3.2, but I seem to recall hearing that
3.0.10 "shouldn't be used with gemstone", but I can't find the reference
... looking at the diffs the Grease version has been updated and a handful
of packages were updated  ...

according to #stable it looks like 3.0.12 is supposed to be the latest
version, but 3.0.10, 3.0.11 and 3.0.12 are all blessed as development, so
I'm not sure how stable they actually are ... and I didn't port them to
GemStone 3.2 _because_ they were all blessed as development.

AFAIK, 3.0.9 is the last version that was "released" and 3.0.9.1 has been
ported to GemStone 3.2 ...

Perhaps someone else, can provide better information:)

Dale

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Reg Krock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which configuration of seaside should be loaded into Gemstone/S 3.2?
>
> Regards,
>
> Reg

Re: [GLASS] [Seaside]

Dale Henrichs-3
I've definitely loaded Seaside3.1 into GemStone 3.2, but it was a while back and I don't think that all of the tests were passing ...

My plans are to release tODE for alpha testing within the next month (seriously:) and then immediately get to work on getting the Seaside house in order.

tODE has a full set of development tools for working with git and github ... a prerequisite in my mind for using Seaside3.1 and friends ...

Dale

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not sure but you're probably safe to use Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.2 if
you're safe to use anything.  If any porting work for Seaside to GemStone
3.2 has been done or is necessary it hasn't been discussed publicly yet.

See: http://forum.world.st/release-3-1-1-td4759404.html

Dale Henrichs-3 wrote
> Reg,
>
> I've run the 3.0.9.1 Seaside tests against 3.2 and they passed.
>
> I also did some work for 3.0.10 and 3.2, but I seem to recall hearing that
> 3.0.10 "shouldn't be used with gemstone", but I can't find the reference
> ... looking at the diffs the Grease version has been updated and a handful
> of packages were updated  ...
>
> according to #stable it looks like 3.0.12 is supposed to be the latest
> version, but 3.0.10, 3.0.11 and 3.0.12 are all blessed as development, so
> I'm not sure how stable they actually are ... and I didn't port them to
> GemStone 3.2 _because_ they were all blessed as development.
>
> AFAIK, 3.0.9 is the last version that was "released" and 3.0.9.1 has been
> ported to GemStone 3.2 ...
>
> Perhaps someone else, can provide better information:)
>
> Dale
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Reg Krock &lt;

> rkrock3@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Which configuration of seaside should be loaded into Gemstone/S 3.2?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Reg

Re: [GLASS] [Seaside]

Dale Henrichs-3
Check that ... I loaded Seaside3.1 into GemStone 3.1 ... not GemStone 3.2 ... so I haven't tried it yet ... with that said, I added a single gemstone3.2 specific change with a fix for UnorderedCollection)>>restoreFromSnapshot: ... and this just might be needed for correct operation in 3.2 ...

Therefore, for GemStone 3.2, I'd recommend Seaside 3.0.9.1 unless someone knows better ...

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've definitely loaded Seaside3.1 into GemStone 3.2, but it was a while back and I don't think that all of the tests were passing ...

My plans are to release tODE for alpha testing within the next month (seriously:) and then immediately get to work on getting the Seaside house in order.

tODE has a full set of development tools for working with git and github ... a prerequisite in my mind for using Seaside3.1 and friends ...

Dale

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not sure but you're probably safe to use Seaside 3.1.1 in GemStone 3.2 if
you're safe to use anything.  If any porting work for Seaside to GemStone
3.2 has been done or is necessary it hasn't been discussed publicly yet.

See: http://forum.world.st/release-3-1-1-td4759404.html

Dale Henrichs-3 wrote
> Reg,
>
> I've run the 3.0.9.1 Seaside tests against 3.2 and they passed.
>
> I also did some work for 3.0.10 and 3.2, but I seem to recall hearing that
> 3.0.10 "shouldn't be used with gemstone", but I can't find the reference
> ... looking at the diffs the Grease version has been updated and a handful
> of packages were updated  ...
>
> according to #stable it looks like 3.0.12 is supposed to be the latest
> version, but 3.0.10, 3.0.11 and 3.0.12 are all blessed as development, so
> I'm not sure how stable they actually are ... and I didn't port them to
> GemStone 3.2 _because_ they were all blessed as development.
>
> AFAIK, 3.0.9 is the last version that was "released" and 3.0.9.1 has been
> ported to GemStone 3.2 ...
>
> Perhaps someone else, can provide better information:)
>
> Dale
>

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Reg Krock &lt;

> rkrock3@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Which configuration of seaside should be loaded into Gemstone/S 3.2?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Reg

Re: [GLASS] [Seaside]

Johan Brichau-2
All,

Seaside 3.0.x is the legacy branch. Apart from Dale, who made a new version for loading into Gemstone 3.2, I am about the only one making maintenance changes to it (but hopefully not for long anymore).

Seaside 3.1.0 was released without a fully working version for Gemstone. However, Seaside 3.1.1 passes all tests in Gemstone 3.1 but was never tried in 3.2 yet.
Though, it's obvious that we should make the 3.1.x branch work in Gemstone 3.2

The loading instructions are on https://github.com/glassdb/Seaside31
If you want to help making Seaside 3.1 work on Gemstone 3.2, please try it, fork it, submit issues, submit pull requests, etc... !!!

Johan