[GLM] How to preserve a view

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Hi,

Sorry if you receive multiple copies of this email, I sent the previous with another email address.

I am developing a browser with Glamour inside the GT inspector that looks like this:

When I click on a slice of the pie (i.e., the red slice), I get the visualization on the right pane with highlights on red components, as shown in the figure.
Then I can zoom and pane the right view, etc. When a click on another slice on the left view, the right view gets regenerated,
thus zoom and pan levels are restored to the default values. Since, for each pie the right view looks the same but has to have different highlights,
I was wondering if there is a way to keep the right view “fixed”, i.e., not re-creating every click, and just change the highlighting.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Roberto

Re: [GLM] How to preserve a view

abergel
Hi Roberto!

Your view looks really great!

You need to send #restoreCamera to a view. You can also reset it by either doing a #restoreCamera on an empty view, or sending #resetCamera to a view.
This mechanism is always perfectible.

Let us know how it goes! Keep us informed with screenshots!

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

> On Nov 7, 2014, at 6:44 AM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if you receive multiple copies of this email, I sent the previous with another email address.
>
> I am developing a browser with Glamour inside the GT inspector that looks like this:
>
> <Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 10.36.29 AM.png>
>
> When I click on a slice of the pie (i.e., the red slice), I get the visualization on the right pane with highlights on red components, as shown in the figure.
> Then I can zoom and pane the right view, etc. When a click on another slice on the left view, the right view gets regenerated,
> thus zoom and pan levels are restored to the default values. Since, for each pie the right view looks the same but has to have different highlights,
> I was wondering if there is a way to keep the right view “fixed”, i.e., not re-creating every click, and just change the highlighting.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help,
> Roberto

Re: [GLM] How to preserve a view

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Hi Alex,

I appreciate your compliments and I’ll keep you up to date ;)

Concerning the #restoreCamera and #resetCamera I already tried and I kind of managed to get something out.

The point is that the view is recreated at every click and I’d like to avoid that, but I cannot find a way to “cache” it.

Cheers,
Roberto