GLMBrowser clean up in P8?

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

I resume my question in the dev list.

GLMBrowser is used in drgeo for its user script editor. I have to admit
I am not comfortable with, I needed Tudor help to make the drgeo script
editor fully functional.

Between P7 and P8, the method GLMCompositePresentation>>wrapper was
removed along the related GLMWrapper class. These ones are used by the
script editor.

However when searching for the bug entries I can't find the relevant
information about these changes. Why?

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues?q=is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A8.0.0+

I need to know why #wrapper was removed.

Any tips welcome.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: GLMBrowser clean up in P8?

ducasse
Hi hilaire

May be we were starting to remove unused classes and it was probably a mistake (mine certainly).
What I suggest to you is that you take the one of P7 and added to your P8 in a little package.

Sorry for the mess.
Our problem is that we accumulate a lot of unmaintained code and this is paralyzing us.
When we maintain such code we do not have the time to create new and better one.

> On 5 Mar 2020, at 19:59, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I resume my question in the dev list.
>
> GLMBrowser is used in drgeo for its user script editor. I have to admit I am not comfortable with, I needed Tudor help to make the drgeo script editor fully functional.
>
> Between P7 and P8, the method GLMCompositePresentation>>wrapper was removed along the related GLMWrapper class. These ones are used by the script editor.
>
> However when searching for the bug entries I can't find the relevant information about these changes. Why?
>
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues?q=is%3Aclosed+milestone%3A8.0.0+
>
> I need to know why #wrapper was removed.
>
> Any tips welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Re: GLMBrowser clean up in P8?

HilaireFernandes
Hi Steph,

Ok. I did that for now.

May be time to learn spec2.

Hilaire

Le 05/03/2020 à 20:56, ducasse a écrit :
> May be we were starting to remove unused classes and it was probably a mistake (mine certainly).
> What I suggest to you is that you take the one of P7 and added to your P8 in a little package.
>
> Sorry for the mess.
> Our problem is that we accumulate a lot of unmaintained code and this is paralyzing us.
> When we maintain such code we do not have the time to create new and better one.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: GLMBrowser clean up in P8?

ducasse

> On 5 Mar 2020, at 22:40, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Steph,
>
> Ok. I did that for now.
>
> May be time to learn spec2.

Yes and I should write something but focusing on PBE80 and the mooc for now.