GLMTablePresentation improvements

jannik laval
Hi Doru,

I begin to use GLMTablePresentation, it is really nice.

I try to use two possible features (which do not work):
- color:
- icon:

In fact, in the table, I would like to have a color for a line depending to a result.
For exemple, if a result is negated, the ine is highlighted in red, else it is in green.

In the same idea, (maybe, it is already possible), to have an icon to show an evolution of a value. For example, if a metric grows, put a "up" arrow.

Maybe these things are already implemented, or in progress.
I don't see them in example,

So maybe you want I create an issue for improvment ?

Cheers.
---
Jannik Laval
---

Re: GLMTablePresentation improvements

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Jannik,

I added an example for handling icons:
GLMBasicExamples new tableWithIcons openOn: ($A to: $z)

Color is not yet implemented, but it is supported indeed by the Morpic-
TreeWidget

Cheers,
Doru

> Hi Doru,
>
> I begin to use GLMTablePresentation, it is really nice.
>
> I try to use two possible features (which do not work):
> - color:
> - icon:
>
> In fact, in the table, I would like to have a color for a line
> depending to a result.
> For exemple, if a result is negated, the ine is highlighted in red,
> else it is in green.
>
> In the same idea, (maybe, it is already possible), to have an icon
> to show an evolution of a value. For example, if a metric grows, put
> a "up" arrow.
>
> Maybe these things are already implemented, or in progress.
> I don't see them in example,
>
> So maybe you want I create an issue for improvment ?
>
> Cheers.
> ---
> Jannik Laval
> ---

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: GLMTablePresentation improvements

jannik laval
Hi Doru,

Thank you, it works great.

I have another problem in the latest version. When I open a MoosePanel, columns are presented in lines.
I have the same problem with another browser:
- if I open a simple browser with 4 columns, it works.
- if I integrate this code in another browser, columns are presented in line.

Thanks for all :)

Cheers,
Jannik

On Feb 1, 2010, at 20:48 , Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Jannik,
>
> I added an example for handling icons:
> GLMBasicExamples new tableWithIcons openOn: ($A to: $z)
>
> Color is not yet implemented, but it is supported indeed by the Morpic-TreeWidget
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> Hi Doru,
>>
>> I begin to use GLMTablePresentation, it is really nice.
>>
>> I try to use two possible features (which do not work):
>> - color:
>> - icon:
>>
>> In fact, in the table, I would like to have a color for a line depending to a result.
>> For exemple, if a result is negated, the ine is highlighted in red, else it is in green.
>>
>> In the same idea, (maybe, it is already possible), to have an icon to show an evolution of a value. For example, if a metric grows, put a "up" arrow.
>>
>> Maybe these things are already implemented, or in progress.
>> I don't see them in example,
>>
>> So maybe you want I create an issue for improvment ?
>>
>> Cheers.
>> ---
>> Jannik Laval
>> ---

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

---
Jannik Laval
PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
http://www.jannik-laval.eu
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
---

Re: GLMTablePresentation improvements

Tudor Girba
Hi Jannik,

> Thank you, it works great.
>
> I have another problem in the latest version. When I open a
> MoosePanel, columns are presented in lines.
> I have the same problem with another browser:
> - if I open a simple browser with 4 columns, it works.
> - if I integrate this code in another browser, columns are presented
> in line.

I do not understand what the problem is. What do you mean by in line?
Could you provide some hands-on examples?

Cheers,
Doru

> Thanks for all :)
>
> Cheers,
> Jannik
>

> On Feb 1, 2010, at 20:48 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Jannik,
>>
>> I added an example for handling icons:
>> GLMBasicExamples new tableWithIcons openOn: ($A to: $z)
>>
>> Color is not yet implemented, but it is supported indeed by the
>> Morpic-TreeWidget
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>>> Hi Doru,
>>>
>>> I begin to use GLMTablePresentation, it is really nice.
>>>
>>> I try to use two possible features (which do not work):
>>> - color:
>>> - icon:
>>>
>>> In fact, in the table, I would like to have a color for a line
>>> depending to a result.
>>> For exemple, if a result is negated, the ine is highlighted in
>>> red, else it is in green.
>>>
>>> In the same idea, (maybe, it is already possible), to have an icon
>>> to show an evolution of a value. For example, if a metric grows,
>>> put a "up" arrow.
>>>
>>> Maybe these things are already implemented, or in progress.
>>> I don't see them in example,
>>>
>>> So maybe you want I create an issue for improvment ?
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>> ---
>>> Jannik Laval
>>> ---

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know
>> her."

> ---
> Jannik Laval
> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
> Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
> ---

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

On Feb 2, 2010, at 09:58 , Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Jannik,
>
>> Thank you, it works great.
>>
>> I have another problem in the latest version. When I open a MoosePanel, columns are presented in lines.
>> I have the same problem with another browser:
>> - if I open a simple browser with 4 columns, it works.
>> - if I integrate this code in another browser, columns are presented in line.
>
> I do not understand what the problem is. What do you mean by in line? Could you provide some hands-on examples?

Sorry, I explain again :),

I have loaded the last version of Glamour,
When I do: "MoosePanel open"

> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>> Thanks for all :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jannik
>>

>> On Feb 1, 2010, at 20:48 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jannik,
>>>
>>> I added an example for handling icons:
>>> GLMBasicExamples new tableWithIcons openOn: ($A to: $z)
>>>
>>> Color is not yet implemented, but it is supported indeed by the Morpic-TreeWidget
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

>> ---
>> Jannik Laval
>> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
>> Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
>> ---

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Beauty is where we see it."

---
Jannik Laval
PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
http://www.jannik-laval.eu
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
---

Re: GLMTablePresentation improvements

Laval Jannik-2
Argh, sorry for the unfinished mail...

I just try again and it works for MoosePanel,
I will check my code :)

Cheers
Jannik

On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:36 , Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Doru,
>

> On Feb 2, 2010, at 09:58 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Jannik,
>>
>>> Thank you, it works great.
>>>
>>> I have another problem in the latest version. When I open a MoosePanel, columns are presented in lines.
>>> I have the same problem with another browser:
>>> - if I open a simple browser with 4 columns, it works.
>>> - if I integrate this code in another browser, columns are presented in line.
>>
>> I do not understand what the problem is. What do you mean by in line? Could you provide some hands-on examples?
>>
> Sorry, I explain again :),
>
> I have loaded the last version of Glamour,
> When I do: "MoosePanel open"
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>>> Thanks for all :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jannik

>>> ---
>>> Jannik Laval
>>> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
>>> Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
>>> ---

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Beauty is where we see it."

> ---
> Jannik Laval
> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
> Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
> ---

Re: GLMTablePresentation improvements

jannik laval
Hi Doru,
I can reproduce the bug :)

When my embedded browser has a title, the columns are considered as rows.
When the title is removed, it works normally.
Here is the code:
====
| browser browser2 |
browser := GLMTabulator new title:[:sys |'Test'].
browser column: #a; column: #b.
browser showOn: #a; using: [
                browser list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].
browser showOn: #b; using: [
                browser list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].

browser2 := GLMTabulator new.
browser2
        row: #browser.
browser2 showOn:#browser; using:[
                browser2 custom: browser].
browser2 openOn: #5
====

Cheers,
Jannik

On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:39 , Laval Jannik wrote:

> Argh, sorry for the unfinished mail...
>
> I just try again and it works for MoosePanel,
> I will check my code :)
>
> Cheers
> Jannik
>

> On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:36 , Laval Jannik wrote:
>
>> Hi Doru,
>>

>> On Feb 2, 2010, at 09:58 , Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jannik,

>>> I do not understand what the problem is. What do you mean by in line? Could you provide some hands-on examples?
>>>
>> Sorry, I explain again :),
>>
>> I have loaded the last version of Glamour,
>> When I do: "MoosePanel open"
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Beauty is where we see it."

>> ---
>> Jannik Laval
>> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
>> Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
>> ---

---
Jannik Laval
PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
http://www.jannik-laval.eu
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
---

Re: GLMTablePresentation improvements

Tudor Girba
Thanks for reporting. I can reproduce it too :).

This looks like a bug related to the use of the group box morphic
widget. I do not yet understand how to actually use it :).

I created an issue:
http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/detail?id=316

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Feb 2010, at 12:46, Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Doru,
> I can reproduce the bug :)
>
> When my embedded browser has a title, the columns are considered as
> rows.
> When the title is removed, it works normally.
> Here is the code:
> ====
> | browser browser2 |
> browser := GLMTabulator new title:[:sys |'Test'].
> browser column: #a; column: #b.
> browser showOn: #a; using: [
> browser list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].
> browser showOn: #b; using: [
> browser list display: [:x | 1 to: x]].
>
> browser2 := GLMTabulator new.
> browser2
> row: #browser.
> browser2 showOn:#browser; using:[
> browser2 custom: browser].
> browser2 openOn: #5
> ====
>
> Cheers,
> Jannik
>
> On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:39 , Laval Jannik wrote:
>
>> Argh, sorry for the unfinished mail...
>>
>> I just try again and it works for MoosePanel,
>> I will check my code :)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jannik
>>

>> On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:36 , Laval Jannik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Doru,

>>> Sorry, I explain again :),
>>>
>>> I have loaded the last version of Glamour,
>>> When I do: "MoosePanel open"

>>> ---
>>> Jannik Laval
>>> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
>>> Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
>>> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
>>> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
>>> ---

> ---
> Jannik Laval
> PhD Student - Rmod Team - INRIA
> Certified Project Management Associate (IPMA)
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr
> ---

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot
be done."

Re: GLMTablePresentation improvements

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Helped by some carefully chosen random questions of Lukas :), we
manage to identify the one line too many that messed up the layout. It
should work if you load the latest Glamour-Morphic.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com