GLMTreePresentation filtering roots only

GLMTreePresentation filtering roots only

Usman Bhatti
Hi,

I would like to apply filter only on the root items in a tree presentation and not on all children. Computing children take a bit of time for each node, which is acceptable for each root. However, accumulated computation time make the filtering un-usable.

I could not find a possible way to avoid the filter computation for the children in GLMTreeMorphNodeModel>>shouldBeDisplayedByText with the current implementation. I can propose a fix.

Let me know what you think.

regards.
usman

Re: GLMTreePresentation filtering roots only

Usman Bhatti
Here is a working version if someone's interested.
I would like to commit on a bug fix branch for Moose 5.0 (may be with a specific postfix) and not in the main branch to have it in Moose 5.0.

regards.

Glamour-Presentations-usmanbhatti.167.mcz (39K) Download Attachment
Glamour-Morphic-Widgets-usmanbhatti.154.mcz (75K) Download Attachment

Re: GLMTreePresentation filtering roots only

Usman Bhatti
Example:

| finder |
finder := GLMFinder new.
finder show: [:a |
a list
title: 'List';
beMultiple;
filterOn: [:text :each | each asString = text ];
helpMessage:  'Enter a filtering request (e.g., "each > $f")'.
a tree
title: 'Tree';
filterOn: [:text :each | each asString = text ];
filterRootsOnly: true;
children: [:item :all :level | level < 2 ifTrue: [#(a b)] ifFalse: [#()]]].
finder openOn: ($a to: $z)

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tudor Girba-2

We do not have a branch for Moose 5.0. For Moose, we only have one repository.

And Moose 5.1 will be released soon after Pharo.

Cheers,
Doru

[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GLMTreePresentation filtering roots only

Nicolas Anquetil

Damien Cassou once instructed me on branching in Monticello:
---
it is just a question of naming your commit that opens a new branch:

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/PharoForTheEnterprise/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/Conventions/Conventions.pier.html
---

but the link seems to be down

so here it goes
If you have a package Famix-Core

then you commit your change has Famix-Core.MyBranch

It generates a mcz with a name looking like:
  Famix-Core.MyBranch-UsmanBhathi.532
which parent will be
  Famix-Core-UsmanBhathi.531

I used it a couple of times and it works fine.

nicolas