GLORP and DB2

Suresh kumar
All,

I am working in a project which is in oracle and trying to make it to DB2 compatible. The GLORP for oracle we are using is very old. I have added the DB2 GLORP support from VW7.8 to the existing code and getting the error Glorp.DB2Sequence(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: tableToSelectFromIn:for:  .

 The selector tableToSelectFromIn:for: is implemented only in PGSequence but not in DB2Sequence. Am I missing something or a bug?

Also I loaded the glorp in  a VW7.9.1 vanilla image and checked to see any of my code overloaded during the porting, but I don't think.  If I could implement tableToSelectFromIn:for: in DB2Sequence, my problem may get resolved. Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Suresh

Glorp.DB2Sequence(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
Receiver:
a Glorp.DB2Sequence
Instance Variables:
reservedNumbers = an OrderedCollection[0]
name = 'SEQUENCE'
tableSelectCommand = nil
schema = nil
count = 0
sequenceIncrement = 1
accessProtect = a Semaphore[0]
Arguments:
t1 = a Message with selector: #tableToSelectFromIn:for: and arguments: #(a Glorp.GlorpSession a Glorp.DatabaseTable(TSK_DESC))
Temporaries:
t2 = a MessageNotUnderstood
t3 = nil
Context PC = 25

Glorp.DB2Sequence(Glorp.NamedSequence)>>reserveViaTableSelect:in:for:
Receiver:
a Glorp.DB2Sequence
Instance Variables:
reservedNumbers = an OrderedCollection[0]
name = 'SEQUENCE'
tableSelectCommand = nil
schema = nil
count = 0
sequenceIncrement = 1
accessProtect = a Semaphore[0]
Arguments:
t1 = 1
t2 = a Glorp.GlorpSession
t3 = a Glorp.DatabaseTable(TSK_DESC)
Temporaries:
t4 = nil
t5 = nil
Context PC = 7

Glorp.DB2Sequence(Glorp.NamedSequence)>>reserveSequenceNumbers:in:for:
Receiver:
a Glorp.DB2Sequence
Instance Variables:
reservedNumbers = an OrderedCollection[0]
name = 'SEQUENCE'
tableSelectCommand = nil
schema = nil
count = 0
sequenceIncrement = 1
accessProtect = a Semaphore[0]
Arguments:
t1 = 1
t2 = a Glorp.GlorpSession
t3 = a Glorp.DatabaseTable(TSK_DESC)
Temporaries:
t4 = 1
t5 = nil
Context PC = 18

optimized [] in [] in Glorp.UnitOfWork>>reserveSequenceNumbers
Receiver:
an UndefinedObject
Arguments:
t4 = a Glorp.DB2Sequence(SEQUENCE)
Temporaries:
.t3 = an OrderedCollection[1]
.self = a Glorp.UnitOfWork
.t2 = a Glorp.DatabaseTable(TSK_DESC)
Context PC = 12

OrderedCollection>>do:
Receiver:
an OrderedCollection
Instance Variables:
firstIndex = 1
lastIndex = 1
Arguments:
t1 = BlockClosure [] in [] in Glorp.UnitOfWork>>reserveSequenceNumbers
Temporaries:
t2 = 1
t3 = 1
Context PC = 17

optimized [] in Glorp.UnitOfWork>>reserveSequenceNumbers
Receiver:
an UndefinedObject
Arguments:
t2 = a Glorp.DatabaseTable(TSK_DESC)
t3 = an OrderedCollection[1]
Temporaries:
.self = a Glorp.UnitOfWork
Context PC = 13

Thanks,
-Suresh

Re: GLORP and DB2

Wallen, David

Hi Suresh,

I think you’ve resolved this issue now, right? Next, recently you have a new issue with 7.9.1, which I hope to respond to soon.

Thanks,

- Dave