GNU Smalltalk 3.0a released including Seaside support

GNU Smalltalk 3.0a released including Seaside support

Paolo Bonzini-2
GNU Smalltalk 3.0a is now available from

     ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/smalltalk-3.0a.tar.gz

This is the first release of GNU Smalltalk including support for
Seaside.  A simple tutorial is available at
http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/bonzinip/seaside-development-gnu-smalltalk
(it guides you through loading Seaside and developing a Counter-like
component).

The Seaside packages are based on Seaside-Core-lr.59.mcz and they run on
top of Swazoo 2.1.

Thanks to Dale Heinrichs, Philippe Marschall, Janko Mivsek, Lukas
Renggli for help with porting Seaside and Swazoo to GNU Smalltalk!

Paolo

Re: GNU Smalltalk 3.0a released including Seaside support

Nevin Pratt
Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> GNU Smalltalk 3.0a is now available from
>
>     ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/smalltalk-3.0a.tar.gz
>
> This is the first release of GNU Smalltalk including support for
> Seaside.  A simple tutorial is available at
> http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/bonzinip/seaside-development-gnu-smalltalk
> (it guides you through loading Seaside and developing a Counter-like
> component).
>
> The Seaside packages are based on Seaside-Core-lr.59.mcz and they run
> on top of Swazoo 2.1.
>
> Thanks to Dale Heinrichs, Philippe Marschall, Janko Mivsek, Lukas
> Renggli for help with porting Seaside and Swazoo to GNU Smalltalk!
>
> Paolo

This is very impressive.

In fact, GNU-Smalltalk has come a long way over the years, and IMO is
very impressive in itself.  I think it has become a very serious tool.

Nevin