GNU Smalltalk Sprint

MrGwen
Hi everybody,

The GNU Smalltalk sprint will be done during a week-end of
december : 04-05   11-12   18-19. It's time to choose.

We can do it on on IRC #gnu-smalltalk on Freenode (irc.freenode.net).
And at the same as a real french GST Sprint (we should choose the place).

it is open to everybody :)

Some proposed tasks:
- VisualGST
- Coverage tool (for method-coverage, it can be based on gst-profile)
- SUnit testcases for CObject and everything not currently covered
- Fixing the compiler (http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/527)
- Fixing gst-remote (http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/497 and
http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/496)
- Fixing the JIT
- Fixing GTK on OSX
- Packages (atomic loading, package builder, ...)
- Allow VisualGST to hook up to a headless gst like gst-remote does.
Just imagine how much fun working on a running Iliad app you could
have with this.

The wiki: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/wiki/events

Cheers,
Gwen

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

Nicolas Petton
Le lundi 18 octobre 2010 à 16:32 +0200, Gwenaël Casaccio a écrit :

> The GNU Smalltalk sprint will be done during a week-end of
> december : 04-05   11-12   18-19. It's time to choose.

18-19 seems a bit too close to Chrismas for me. The other weekends are
fine :)

Cheers,
Nico

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

Dmitry Matveev
Hello,

I would like to participate in the Sprint.

I've already thought about Swank/Slime analogue for Smalltalk, and we
even had a discussion in our local Smalltalk User Group mailing list,
so I would take this one:

>- Allow VisualGST to hook up to a headless gst like gst-remote does.
> Just imagine how much fun working on a running Iliad app you could
> have with this.

Regards,
Dmitry

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

kaveman
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

Mathieu Suen-2

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

Nicolas Petton
Ok, so 11 and 12? We have to choose one :)

Cheers,
Nico

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 10/20/2010 11:28 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Ok, so 11 and 12? We have to choose one :)

No idea if I really will be able to do something on both days, but it
sounds best for me too.

Paolo

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

MrGwen
It is ok for 11 and 12 for me ;-)

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/20/2010 11:28 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so 11 and 12? We have to choose one :)
>
> No idea if I really will be able to do something on both days, but it sounds
> best for me too.
>
> Paolo

Re: GNU Smalltalk Sprint

MrGwen
I've updated the Wiki Page if you have any remarks I am since
since it will be the first Sprint for everybody here ;-)

Gwen