GNU-Smalltalk on Ubuntu missing

Roland Plüss-2

Re: GNU-Smalltalk on Ubuntu missing

Holger Freyther
Hi,

yes. there was a thread on the removal. There is also a ticket in the
Ubuntu bugtracker to make the last release working. There seems to be
little interest to work on it though.

Re: GNU-Smalltalk on Ubuntu missing

Paolo Bonzini-2
It will come in due time after the issues on Debian are fixed.

Paolo

On 05/11/2010 05:23 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes. there was a thread on the removal. There is also a ticket in the
> Ubuntu bugtracker to make the last release working. There seems to be
> little interest to work on it though.

Where's that topic? I don't mind if I have to manually install it as
long as it works for testing.

By the way, what happened? My message got turned into oblivion :P

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Plüss Roland

Leader und Head Programmer
- Game: Epsylon ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/ ,
http://www.moddb.com/games/4057/epsylon )
- Game Engine: Drag[en]gine ( http://dragengine.rptd.ch ,
http://www.moddb.com/engines/9/dragengine )
- Normal Map Generator: DENormGen ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php )

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-smalltalk/2010-04/msg00003.html

On 05/12/2010 07:18 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>> Where's that topic? I don't mind if I have to manually install it as
>> long as it works for testing.
>>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-smalltalk/2010-04/msg00003.html

So what exactly happened? I'm not proficient with that Ubuntu/Debian
relationship there nor the abbreviations (NMU? Not My Ubuntu?) used.

On 05/13/2010 09:36 PM, Roland Plüss wrote:

> On 05/12/2010 07:18 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>>> Where's that topic? I don't mind if I have to manually install it as
>>> long as it works for testing.
>>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-smalltalk/2010-04/msg00003.html
>>

> So what exactly happened? I'm not proficient with that Ubuntu/Debian
> relationship there nor the abbreviations (NMU? Not My Ubuntu?) used.

Hi again,

from what I think is happening. GNU Smalltalk is dropped from the Lucid
release and my bug report did not help to get it back in time. Now with
the new release there is a new Debian package and Ubuntu has just had a
release which means that if we are lucky the Ubuntu folks will take the
new GNU Smalltalk package for the next release.

Regarding the abbreviation. NMU is a Non Maintainer Upload, it can be
used by Debian Developers to upload packages even if they are not the
maintainer of the package. Not being a Debian Developer myself I think
most of the time only Security uploads are NMU uploads.

kind regards
        holger