GNU Smalltalk website online

Paolo Bonzini
Folks,

the GNU Smalltalk site is online at http://smalltalk.gnu.org/

It may take a while before DNS records are updated (e.g. freshmeat
doesn't want me to change the URL :-), but you are welcome to populate
the wiki, report your bugs there, to host your GNU Smalltalk-related
blog and projects (no downloads though), and so on.

Please send suggestions and improvements.

Paolo

ps: no, it's running PHP :-)

Re: GNU Smalltalk website online

Janko Mivšek
Hi Paolo,

Congratulations for the site! And now I really need to speedup the plans
to port Swazoo and Aida/Web to GNU Smalltalk, so that your site will run
on GNU Smalltalk itself :)

Best regards
Janko

Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Folks,
>
> the GNU Smalltalk site is online at http://smalltalk.gnu.org/
>
> It may take a while before DNS records are updated (e.g. freshmeat
> doesn't want me to change the URL :-), but you are welcome to populate
> the wiki, report your bugs there, to host your GNU Smalltalk-related
> blog and projects (no downloads though), and so on.
>
> Please send suggestions and improvements.
>
> Paolo
>
> ps: no, it's running PHP :-)

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: GNU Smalltalk website online

Paolo Bonzini-2
Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> Congratulations for the site! And now I really need to speedup the plans
> to port Swazoo and Aida/Web to GNU Smalltalk, so that your site will run
> on GNU Smalltalk itself :)

If somebody can pay a dedicated server for me... :-)

Paolo

Re: Re: GNU Smalltalk website online

Janko Mivšek
Paolo, you can run on my servers if you wish. What I need is just one
more IP address but this can be obtained in few days.

Best regards
Janko

Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Janko Mivšek wrote:
>> Hi Paolo,
>>
>> Congratulations for the site! And now I really need to speedup the
>> plans to port Swazoo and Aida/Web to GNU Smalltalk, so that your site
>> will run on GNU Smalltalk itself :)
>
> If somebody can pay a dedicated server for me... :-)
>
> Paolo

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: GNU Smalltalk website online

Janko Mivšek
I just Reddit the site, now please vote for it:

        http://programming.reddit.com/info/2s0x1/comments

Best regards
Janko

Janko Mivšek wrote:
> I just Reddit the site, now please vote for it:
>
>     http://programming.reddit.com/info/2s0x1/comments

I added the reddit link to the site itself.

Thanks!

Paolo

Re: GNU Smalltalk website online

Robin Redeker-2
On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:53:15PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Folks,
>
> the GNU Smalltalk site is online at http://smalltalk.gnu.org/

It looks great!

> Please send suggestions and improvements.

I think I maybe discovered some weird entry in the FAQ:

   Q: Where does GNU Smalltalk run?

   A: Ruby is developed under Linux and Mac OS X. It runs under most Unix systems
   (as well as under Windows, using Cygwin). A native port to Windows is in
   progress.

What is meant there?

Robin

Re: GNU Smalltalk website online

Paolo Bonzini-2
Thanks for the compliments.

>    Q: Where does GNU Smalltalk run?
>
>    A: Ruby is developed under Linux and Mac OS X. It runs under most Unix systems
>    (as well as under Windows, using Cygwin). A native port to Windows is in
>    progress.
>
> What is meant there?

*blush* You can see where I got inspiration from for the FAQ.

Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Janko Mivšek wrote:
>> Paolo, you can run on my servers if you wish. What I need is just one
>> more IP address but this can be obtained in few days.
>
> Thanks; for now I prefer to host it on GoDaddy until I have a hold on
> how much bandwidth I consume, etc.  It's quite cheap (100 $ for four
> years more or less).
>
> (Yes, I could run it on Squeak using seasidehosting.st, but I don't have
> time to redo the site with Pier and some issue tracking system written
> in Smalltalk -- is there one?).

I see now, that you have a lot of additional components like this on
your site.

As far as I know there is Gjallar by Goran Krampe, but I don't know how
complete it is. Squeakers use Mantis for bug issue tracking currently:
http://bugs.squeak.org. But Mantis is not written in Smalltalk....

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

RE: GNU Smalltalk website online

Ramon Leon-5

Awesome, upmodded.  Now where's the guide to running under cygwin so I can
finally start scripting in Smalltalk?

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

RE: GNU Smalltalk website online

Ramon Leon-5

> Awesome, upmodded.  Now where's the guide to running under
> cygwin so I can finally start scripting in Smalltalk?
>
> Ramon Leon
> http://onsmalltalk.com

Nevermind, it installed cleanly this time.  Last time I tried I was on Vista
and the install failed.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com