[GS/SS Beta] Pharo's FileSystem vs FileDirectory

[GS/SS Beta] Pharo's FileSystem vs FileDirectory

Mariano Martinez Peck
Before starting to write an abstract class with some files/directories methods, and 2 subclasses, one for FileDirectory (in GemStone) and one for FileSystem (Pharo 2.0), and make my app delegate all these file methods to this class...I wonder...
does anyone already did this? If true, would you share? :)

Re: [GS/SS Beta] Pharo's FileSystem vs FileDirectory

Paul DeBruicker
If you use FileDirectory then you can use the FileSystem legacy package in Pharo 2 that I think is in Camillo Bruni's repo on smalltalkhub.

On Nov 11, 2013, at 5:07 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Before starting to write an abstract class with some files/directories methods, and 2 subclasses, one for FileDirectory (in GemStone) and one for FileSystem (Pharo 2.0), and make my app delegate all these file methods to this class...I wonder...
does anyone already did this? If true, would you share? :)

Re: [GS/SS Beta] Pharo's FileSystem vs FileDirectory

Dale Henrichs-3
What Paul said... If that doesn't work for you  look at what Sven did for zinc and what I did for FileTree ---- which is basically invent your own common API  ...

Dale

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you use FileDirectory then you can use the FileSystem legacy package in Pharo 2 that I think is in Camillo Bruni's repo on smalltalkhub.

Thanks, I was aware of this, but my case if the other way around. My app is using FileSystem currently, not FileDirectory ;)

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Dale K. Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
What Paul said... If that doesn't work for you  look at what Sven did for zinc and what I did for FileTree ---- which is basically invent your own common API  ...

This was what I was asking...rather to implement it yet again, maybe I can start from someone else work ;)
Any particular classes I could take a look for FileTree?

Thanks!

Dale

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [GS/SS Beta] Pharo's FileSystem vs FileDirectory

Dale Henrichs-3
Mariano,

Take a look at MCFileTreeFileUtils (and it's subclasses). I have a FileSystem concrete subclass for Pharo2.0+ and a FileDirectory concrete subclass for Pharo1.4 and GemStone ...

Dale