[GS/SS Beta] Process specific variables

NorbertHartl
Hi,

I’m looking for a way to group method calls within a http request. When a request comes in I like to assign something that can be used throughout the system when things are logged. You could see it as process id where it is easy to find the logging messages that belong to the same request.

So I’m asking myself if there is something like process specific variables in gemstone. As we are strictly single threaded it should work that I assign an id to a process at the beginning and remove the id at the end.

thanks,

Norbert

Re: [GS/SS Beta] Process specific variables

James Foster-9
Norbert,

Check out GsProcess class>>#’_current’ and then the instance-side methods in the ‘Process Properties’ method category of GsProcess.

James