GSOC 2015 application

SergeStinckwich
Dear all,

with Uko, we are considering submitting the Pharo project as a
mentoring organization for GSOC 2015:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015

We will need your help in order to find ideas of projects.

Stay tune for more information soon.
Thank you.

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-users] GSOC 2015 application

abergel
This is a fantastic news. Go go go!

Alexandre

> Le 11 févr. 2015 à 06:02, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear all,
>
> with Uko, we are considering submitting the Pharo project as a
> mentoring organization for GSOC 2015:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015
>
> We will need your help in order to find ideas of projects.
>
> Stay tune for more information soon.
> Thank you.

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-users] GSOC 2015 application

SergeStinckwich
On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Martin Bähr
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Excerpts from Serge Stinckwich's message of 2015-02-11 10:02:21 +0100:
>> with Uko, we are considering submitting the Pharo project as a
>> mentoring organization for GSOC 2015:
>>
>> We will need your help in order to find ideas of projects.
>
> Is there any effort make a joint application under esug or some other umbrella?

We are under the umbrella of the Pharo Consortium.

> there are a few projects on labs.fossasia.org that might fit:
>
> Create a file editor and asset manager solution with smalltalk
> Create a smalltalk application for offline text search
> emulate a PostgreSQL server in Smalltalk
> Smalltalk SQL Parser & Evaluator
>
> i also discussed with craig the idea of doing something with his context work on pharo.
> essentially i'd like to use context as a tool to remote manage images.
> a gsoc project could be to work out how to set up context for that usecase
> (while helping to make sure context works with pharo)

You are from FOSSASIA ? Didn't know you have some interests in Smalltalk ;-)
If some of your projects are related to Pharo, we could post also your
projects on our lists.

We will send the link to list of ideas in a few hours.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-users] GSOC 2015 application

Anne Etien

Le 11 févr. 2015 à 15:13, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Martin Bähr
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Serge Stinckwich's message of 2015-02-11 10:02:21 +0100:
>>> with Uko, we are considering submitting the Pharo project as a
>>> mentoring organization for GSOC 2015:
>>>
>>> We will need your help in order to find ideas of projects.
>>
>> Is there any effort make a joint application under esug or some other umbrella?
>
> We are under the umbrella of the Pharo Consortium.
>
>> there are a few projects on labs.fossasia.org that might fit:
>>
>> Create a file editor and asset manager solution with smalltalk
>> Create a smalltalk application for offline text search
>> emulate a PostgreSQL server in Smalltalk
>> Smalltalk SQL Parser & Evaluator

With Olivier Auverlot, we are doing a Pharo SQL Parser, in order to do analysis on SQL code. There also exist another SQL parser and I think an evaluator.
Please have a look at PetitSQL, PetitSQLIlsandParser and PetitSQLLiteParser.

Regards,
Anne Etien