GST chunk format parser and ast

Gwenaël Casaccio
Hi,

I'm announcing a refactoring of the GST parser:

https://github.com/GwenaelCasaccio/GST-Ast
https://github.com/GwenaelCasaccio/GST-Parser

Why a refactoring the new version will produce
what I expect from a parser: an AST. Thus I've
created all the AST nodes of the chunk format:
eval, class declaration, extend, shape, ...

Also it preservers the loading order (ie: of the method
of a class declaration) thus I can file out and keep
as much as possible the semantic  of the code.

I've an evaluator that will visit the AST and eval
the nodes of the AST but it's a bit young to be
published.

Cheers,
Gwen

Re: GST chunk format parser and ast

Paolo Bonzini-2
Il 23/09/2013 15:00, Gwenaël Casaccio ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I'm announcing a refactoring of the GST parser:
>
> https://github.com/GwenaelCasaccio/GST-Ast
> https://github.com/GwenaelCasaccio/GST-Parser
>
> Why a refactoring the new version will produce
> what I expect from a parser: an AST. Thus I've
> created all the AST nodes of the chunk format:
> eval, class declaration, extend, shape, ...
>
> Also it preservers the loading order (ie: of the method
> of a class declaration) thus I can file out and keep
> as much as possible the semantic  of the code.
>
> I've an evaluator that will visit the AST and eval
> the nodes of the AST but it's a bit young to be
> published.

Makes sense!  Thanks for this work!

Paolo

Re: GST chunk format parser and ast

Holger Freyther
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 04:32:44PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Makes sense!  Thanks for this work!

thanks! The COPYING and the actual copyright of the files are
different though. As a GNU project we need to be careful to
such things. :)

On 25/09/2013 12:42, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 04:32:44PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> Makes sense!  Thanks for this work!
> thanks! The COPYING and the actual copyright of the files are
> different though. As a GNU project we need to be careful to
> such things. :)

Yes that's the next step + a good documentation.
But I've a good new I can parse the kernel, glib, gtk
packages :)

Gwen