[GSoC 2014] Announcing Nicolas Petton as co-admin

1 message Options

[GSoC 2014] Announcing Nicolas Petton as co-admin

Paolo Bonzini-2
I'm pleased to announce that Nicolas Petton will be helping me with
administration of the GSoC.

As you may know, Nicolas is the lead developer of Amber Smalltalk and
the Iliad web framework.  He has worked with many other Smalltalk
dialects in the past, including GNU Smalltalk and Pharo.

In the interest of transparency, I will mention that:

- I had previously asked Damien Cassou, but he preferred to have someone
more neutral than an ESUG board member.  It is interesting that I had
picked him *exactly* because he was an ESUG board member. :)

- Nico will be submitting project ideas for Amber and he might thus
serve as a mentor too (I won't).  Nevertheless, I'm sure that the
selection process will be as transparent as possible.

Thanks,

Paolo