GSoC 2019 Introduction myself

EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ
Hello, everybody.

My name is Evelyn, I'm 24 years old. I'm a last year student at the Mayor de San Simon University in Bolivia, I'm currently doing my degree project to get my professional degree. My proposal for "Better and more refactorings for Pharo" was selected in this year's GsOC :D.

Just few months ago I got to know the world of Smalltalk and I really liked it, I made a page for ESUG in Seaside and I made some extensions to use Magritte with Material Design Lite, for now I'm doing a tutorial of Parasol still missing some details but soon will be ready.

As for my proposal is to improve the current refactoring tools that Pharo currently has, I plan to add some shortcuts to the most important refactoring options, add some previews before refactoring similar to IntelliJ IDEA, add three new refactoring options (Inline method, variable inline, and find and replace) and finally improve the option to extract method by adding a duplicate code search of the method that will be extracted.

Now I am learning everything necessary for the realization of this project, so any suggestion to improve the proposal or suggest the best way to start is welcome, and do not hesitate to ask any questions you have about this project :D.

I'm very excited to start working with you.

Sincerely,
Evelyn.

Re: GSoC 2019 Introduction myself

Ben Coman
On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 10:33, EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, everybody.
>
> My name is Evelyn, I'm 24 years old. I'm a last year student at the Mayor de San Simon University in Bolivia, I'm currently doing my degree project to get my professional degree. My proposal for "Better and more refactorings for Pharo" was selected in this year's GsOC :D.
>
> Just few months ago I got to know the world of Smalltalk and I really liked it, I made a page for ESUG in Seaside and I made some extensions to use Magritte with Material Design Lite, for now I'm doing a tutorial of Parasol still missing some details but soon will be ready.
>
> As for my proposal is to improve the current refactoring tools that Pharo currently has, I plan to add some shortcuts to the most important refactoring options, add some previews before refactoring similar to IntelliJ IDEA, add three new refactoring options (Inline method, variable inline, and find and replace) and finally improve the option to extract method by adding a duplicate code search of the method that will be extracted.
>
> Now I am learning everything necessary for the realization of this project, so any suggestion to improve the proposal or suggest the best way to start is welcome, and do not hesitate to ask any questions you have about this project :D.
>
> I'm very excited to start working with you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Evelyn.

Hi Evelyn,

Welcome to Pharo.  I'm glad to hear that as a newcomer you are enjoying Pharo.
I hope that your GSoC project provides you an even deeper appreciation of Pharo
and starts a long and enjoyable journey working with Pharo.

> P.d. You can access my proposal in the attached file:  https://storage.googleapis.com/summerofcode-prod.appspot.com/gsoc/core_project/doc/5216263243038720_1554697326_Better_and_more_refactorings_for_Pharo.pdf?Expires=1557541826&GoogleAccessId=summerofcode-prod%40appspot.gserviceaccount.com&Signature=L%2BusTDTGj1rzG%2FLpjsNR82GyCzRqk6AzyqoS2Qtk2TmoaBWFIKMlWD%2FOLNKtPTFqYm0NNCPC3XF2lfaTWOozZBb%2FomPku0UCl%2FNPzuRIBcu6GIgRvaogM3J0q40yip3yG3eLBIdD%2Bb42mwJRwbXQm3z6Ite79Db%2FfdvhCJtu9nBojQ5eSE4C6h6uKDrnRumBsLnuOeArPWLigtbYY6xM%2BOmzCgo5hrICQMAsx8wBnVlG9tbddP7WnVOdzZQjHrLXZ0X0PZn91p6REG6zyUrWJGyBDlwfGiyoQzcykSKrNQkGme%2B2HqhY2DHinmC49AOJ%2FCcsoJ6qeaUrUBOUJko1GQ%3D%3D

Your link doesn't work for me. I get this...
<Error>
<Code>ExpiredToken</Code>
<Message>The provided token has expired.</Message>
<Details>
Request signature expired at: 2019-05-11T02:30:26+00:00

cheers -ben

Re: GSoC 2019 Introduction myself

EVELYN CUSI LOPEZ
Hello, Ben

I see, I thought I could directly share the pdf from my proposal, but apparently it is not possible. I will share the document in drive of my proposal, which has comments enabled, in case you wish to make any suggestion. You can access this document from the attached file: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YXWL9aQle9Ih66jEtoF31b9oyQAe5Ylz5y82AguyUDs/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Evelyn