classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GSoC 2019 introducing my project: Next Generation of Unit Testing

Dayne Lorena Guerra Calle
Hello Everyone, 

My name is Dayne, I'm a final-year computer science student in Bolivia and I have been selected with my project as one of the students for this GSOC.

First I will work in DrTests:
DrTests project aims to provide a plugin-based UI to deal with tests in Pharo. It will provide the same features as the actual SUnit UI (i.e., running tests, profiling tests and computing code-coverage) but will allow to plug additional analysis on unit tests. 
If you want to try the first version of DrTests in Pharo 7.0:  https://github.com/juliendelplanque/DrTests Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.
Now I am migrating the UI from spec to spec2 for DrTest to be available in Pharo 8.0 

Then the plan is enhancing the SUnit implementation by introducing a common Pharo's Sunit layer instead of different layer doing the same (for example, the SUnit UI, Jenkins tools and the system browser define 3 different ways to collect tests defined in a package).
And If you want to know more details bout this project I will attach my proposal.
I will write posts about the work done in my blog and you can contact me If you have new ideas for plugins or suggestions :) 

Cheers,
Dayne

Dayne - Gsoc 2019 proposal (2).pdf (388K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GSoC 2019 introducing my project: Next Generation of Unit Testing

Ben Coman
On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 18:13, Dayne Lorena Guerra Calle
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> My name is Dayne, I'm a final-year computer science student in Bolivia and I have been selected with my project as one of the students for this GSOC.
>
> First I will work in DrTests:
> DrTests project aims to provide a plugin-based UI to deal with tests in Pharo. It will provide the same features as the actual SUnit UI (i.e., running tests, profiling tests and computing code-coverage) but will allow to plug additional analysis on unit tests.
> If you want to try the first version of DrTests in Pharo 7.0:  https://github.com/juliendelplanque/DrTests Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.
> Now I am migrating the UI from spec to spec2 for DrTest to be available in Pharo 8.0
>
> Then the plan is enhancing the SUnit implementation by introducing a common Pharo's Sunit layer instead of different layer doing the same (for example, the SUnit UI, Jenkins tools and the system browser define 3 different ways to collect tests defined in a package).
> And If you want to know more details bout this project I will attach my proposal.
> I will write posts about the work done in my blog and you can contact me If you have new ideas for plugins or suggestions :)

Hi Dayne,

Welcome to the Pharo community.  I hope you enjoy your GSoC project.

I hadn't heard much about DrTests before now and was interested to
read your blog post touching on it.
It was the first I had heard about "Executable Comments"  and the
generation of tests from them is an interesting feature.

Can you provide a link to your original proposal?

cheers -ben