GSoC Proposals as result of the 8th local Data Week

GSoC Proposals as result of the 8th local Data Week

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Hi,

We made another data week (the 8th one), this time focused on introducing novices to Pharo and Grafoscopio to participate in the GSoC and now we have two proposals:

both are related with Grafoscopio, but deal with different approaches (I thought that a project could have several students). Hopefully both can do it or the students will be able to pivot on the community binding month to other projects. Any comments are welcomed.

GSoC can be an important catalyst for community building around Pharo. For example, now we are connecting better, the people that is interested with reproducible research and literate computing with ones that are interested the infrastructures that made them possible.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: GSoC Proposals as result of the 8th local Data Week

Guillermo Polito
Hi Offray,

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

We made another data week (the 8th one), this time focused on introducing novices to Pharo and Grafoscopio to participate in the GSoC and now we have two proposals:

Cool!

Both links look the same.
both are related with Grafoscopio, but deal with different approaches (I thought that a project could have several students). Hopefully both can do it or the students will be able to pivot on the community binding month to other projects. Any comments are welcomed.

I see however that both proposals are already in google's site. Nice job :)

GSoC can be an important catalyst for community building around Pharo. For example, now we are connecting better, the people that is interested with reproducible research and literate computing with ones that are interested the infrastructures that made them possible.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: GSoC Proposals as result of the 8th local Data Week

SergeStinckwich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We made another data week (the 8th one), this time focused on introducing
> novices to Pharo and Grafoscopio to participate in the GSoC and now we have
> two proposals:
>
> http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Events/GSOC/2017-offray-luna-proposal.md
> http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Events/GSOC/2017-offray-luna-proposal.md
>
> both are related with Grafoscopio, but deal with different approaches (I
> thought that a project could have several students). Hopefully both can do
> it or the students will be able to pivot on the community binding month to
> other projects. Any comments are welcomed.
>
> GSoC can be an important catalyst for community building around Pharo. For
> example, now we are connecting better, the people that is interested with
> reproducible research and literate computing with ones that are interested
> the infrastructures that made them possible.

Thank you Offray. If you want to participate these projects to be in
GSOC for this year, you need to add them on the Google Summer of Code
website: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

On 02/04/17 09:45, Guillermo Polito wrote:
Hi Offray,

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

We made another data week (the 8th one), this time focused on introducing novices to Pharo and Grafoscopio to participate in the GSoC and now we have two proposals:

Cool!

Both links look the same.
 Je je, cut & paste duplication ;-P. The second one is this:

http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Events/GSOC/2017-oscar-garcia-proposal.md

both are related with Grafoscopio, but deal with different approaches (I thought that a project could have several students). Hopefully both can do it or the students will be able to pivot on the community binding month to other projects. Any comments are welcomed.

I see however that both proposals are already in google's site. Nice job :)

Thanks,

Offray

On 02/04/17 09:48, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We made another data week (the 8th one), this time focused on introducing
>> novices to Pharo and Grafoscopio to participate in the GSoC and now we have
>> two proposals:
>>
>> http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Events/GSOC/2017-offray-luna-proposal.md
>> http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Events/GSOC/2017-offray-luna-proposal.md
>>
>> both are related with Grafoscopio, but deal with different approaches (I
>> thought that a project could have several students). Hopefully both can do
>> it or the students will be able to pivot on the community binding month to
>> other projects. Any comments are welcomed.
>>
>> GSoC can be an important catalyst for community building around Pharo. For
>> example, now we are connecting better, the people that is interested with
>> reproducible research and literate computing with ones that are interested
>> the infrastructures that made them possible.
> Thank you Offray. If you want to participate these projects to be in
> GSOC for this year, you need to add them on the Google Summer of Code
> website: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

Both were added as proposals to the GSoC site. Do I need to add the
Dataviz one [2] also here: http://gsoc.pharo.org/ ?

[2]
http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Events/GSOC/2017-oscar-garcia-proposal.md

Cheers,

Offray

Re: GSoC Proposals as result of the 8th local Data Week

Ben Coman

Hi,

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Only two days left for students to register!
That came around fast.
cheers -ben

Both were added as proposals to the GSoC site. Do I need to add the Dataviz one [2] also here: http://gsoc.pharo.org/ ?

[2] http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Events/GSOC/2017-oscar-garcia-proposal.md