GSoC deadline passed, record number of ideas collected

GSoC deadline passed, record number of ideas collected

Janko Mivšek
Dear Smalltalkers,

Serge and me just submitted the application for the GSoC (see its copy
here: http://gsoc2013.esug.org/application), now let we wait finger
crossed to the Monday 8.April when accepted organizations will be announced.

But we have a good chance thanks to all of you spend a time to prepare
the record number of ideas: 44, which is way over last year 25!

Note also that you can still propose an project idea, there is two more
weeks or so for that, but we need a solid list of ideas at that time for
Google guys to see what we are really capable :)

While idea authors please recheck that your idea is properly put on
http://gsoc2013.esug.org/ideas. For any mistake I apologize in advance!

Thanks therefore again to all, now a week and so a rest!

Best regards
Serge and Janko
your GSoC admin team

--
Janko Mivšek
Smalltalk GSoC Admin Team

Re: GSoC deadline passed, record number of ideas collected

Carla F. Griggio
This is A-MA-ZING! I feel so proud to see how ESUG's GSOC keeps growing :D

I also noticed that many new students entered the GSOC mailing list even before having an ideas page, and that some of last year students now are mentors.

A cool thing: I've been looking for ideas for other GSOC organisations, and it's not been easy to find so many 2013 ideas. I've noticed that many organisations plan to apply to GSoC but they are not collecting ideas or discussing about it publicly. So the fact that ESUG has been doing this on the mailing lists make all of this "googlable" ;) So students will find us :)

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alexandre Bergel-5
Big clap to the organizers! You guys are doing an amazing job.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu