GT: Difficult to edit long strings

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
When editing in place, there is apparently no way to scroll to the right, and the "String" presentation seems to allow editing, but the accepted text does not appear to be saved.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT: Difficult to edit long strings

Tudor Girba-2
I do not understand the part about scrolling. Could you be more explicit?

The string presentation does not allow for accepting at the moment. The main reason was that the current presentation is still too slow for large strings, so what you see is often a truncated version of the real string. This will change with TxText.

Doru

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
When editing in place, there is apparently no way to scroll to the right, and
the "String" presentation seems to allow editing, but the accepted text does
not appear to be saved.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GT: Difficult to edit long strings

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
I do not understand the part about scrolling. Could you be more explicit?
Sure :) https://youtu.be/AoKHCRIEsZQ
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT: Difficult to edit long strings

Peter Uhnak
Sure :) https://youtu.be/AoKHCRIEsZQ

btw editing multiline text in single-line input doesn't seem like a very good idea regardless.