GT-Inspector Meta Tab = Awesome!

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
The method source looks just like a browser's source pane, except… self is
bound to the instance! So, you can for example evaluate instance-side
methods by selecting the code and DoingIt. Sooo cool :)

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Moose-f1310756.html
Sean

Re: GT-Inspector Meta Tab = Awesome!

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Where is the proper place to report GT bugs? I see there are 0 issues on GH,
so I'm guessing that's not it. Anyway, here is a report:

Accept the following in the Meta tab:
    myMethod
        nonExistentVar := 1.

GT silently compiles the method with a reference to a non-existent variable
instead of bringing up the familiar dialog to create a temp/instVar/etc.

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Moose-f1310756.html
Sean

Re: GT-Inspector Meta Tab = Awesome!

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> here is a report:

Also, when a method is removed in the System Browser, it remains in the list
of methods in the Meta tab. When the now non-existent method is selected,
the source pane shows 'nil'

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Moose-f1310756.html
Sean

Re: GT-Inspector Meta Tab = Awesome!

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The bug entries for the first generation GT are in the current Moose repository.

Indeed, the Meta tab requires some attention, but we will be unlikely to do it in the near future because we are focused on Bloc and the 2nd generation GT. So, we would really benefit from help :)

Cheers,
Doru

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 3:58 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>> here is a report:
>
> Also, when a method is removed in the System Browser, it remains in the list
> of methods in the Meta tab. When the now non-existent method is selected,
> the source pane shows 'nil'
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Moose-f1310756.html

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."