GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal dependency problem

GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal dependency problem

hernanmd
Hi.

I am using Pharo 5.0 and installing a Metacello config which is loading Roassal2 (stable).

At some loading step a Warning dialog raises which is preventing unattended automatization of whole installation. This is the message:

This package depends on the following classes:
  CPDiverging
  CPQualitative
  CPSequential
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  CPDiverging>>#gtExampleColorPalette
  CPDiverging>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
  CPQualitative>>#gtExampleColorPalette
  CPQualitative>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
  CPSequential>>#gtExampleColorPalette
  CPSequential>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:

The package loaded at that point is GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal-TudorGirba.44

Any hints?

Hernán

Re: GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal dependency problem

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Hmm, this is a very old version of the package. Could you please send the script you used, or the dependency?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 5:43 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I am using Pharo 5.0 and installing a Metacello config which is loading Roassal2 (stable).
>
> At some loading step a Warning dialog raises which is preventing unattended automatization of whole installation. This is the message:
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   CPDiverging
>   CPQualitative
>   CPSequential
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   CPDiverging>>#gtExampleColorPalette
>   CPDiverging>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
>   CPQualitative>>#gtExampleColorPalette
>   CPQualitative>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
>   CPSequential>>#gtExampleColorPalette
>   CPSequential>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
>
> The package loaded at that point is GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal-TudorGirba.44
>
> Any hints?
>
> Hernán

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal dependency problem

Tudor Girba-2
Hi again,

The #stable version of Roassal2 does not load the package you mention. You can debug this by inspecting the Metacello version:

ConfigurationOfRoassal2 project version: #stable

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal dependency problem

abergel
Wow…. Amazing!
Impressive object inspection

Alexandre

On Sep 16, 2016, at 1:56 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi again,

The #stable version of Roassal2 does not load the package you mention. You can debug this by inspecting the Metacello version:

ConfigurationOfRoassal2 project version: #stable

<Playground2016-09-16T06-55-05-442593+02-00.png>

[...]

Hi Tudor,

Apparently the Metacello I am loading has fixed version number of Roassal2 in a baseline. I will try to set stable there and see what happens.
The configuration takes ages to load but if you want to try:

Gofer it
  smalltalkhubUser: 'hernan' project: 'PhyloclassTalk';
  configuration;
  loadBleedingEdge.

BTW the Project Map is cool!!

Hernán

Hmm, this is a very old version of the package. Could you please send the script you used, or the dependency?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 5:43 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I am using Pharo 5.0 and installing a Metacello config which is loading Roassal2 (stable).
>
> At some loading step a Warning dialog raises which is preventing unattended automatization of whole installation. This is the message:
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   CPDiverging
>   CPQualitative
>   CPSequential
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
>   CPDiverging>>#gtExampleColorPalette
>   CPDiverging>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
>   CPQualitative>>#gtExampleColorPalette
>   CPQualitative>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
>   CPSequential>>#gtExampleColorPalette
>   CPSequential>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
>
> The package loaded at that point is GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal-TudorGirba.44
>
> Any hints?
>
> Hernán

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal dependency problem

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am glad you like it and that you could discover your problem.

I could not load your configuration because I am missing:
PCT_KBs.tar.gz

If you want to rely on an external file, it is a little more robust to provide this file remotely and download it if it is not available. I guess you already know how to use Zinc for that, but just in case, here is a sample script of how to do that (including a progress bar):
http://ws.stfx.eu/2XQ4DS07DWFM

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 5:32 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tudor,
>
> Apparently the Metacello I am loading has fixed version number of Roassal2 in a baseline. I will try to set stable there and see what happens.
> The configuration takes ages to load but if you want to try:
>
> Gofer it
>   smalltalkhubUser: 'hernan' project: 'PhyloclassTalk';
>   configuration;
>   loadBleedingEdge.
>
> BTW the Project Map is cool!!
>
> Hernán

> Hmm, this is a very old version of the package. Could you please send the script you used, or the dependency?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > On Sep 16, 2016, at 5:43 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am using Pharo 5.0 and installing a Metacello config which is loading Roassal2 (stable).
> >
> > At some loading step a Warning dialog raises which is preventing unattended automatization of whole installation. This is the message:
> >
> > This package depends on the following classes:
> >   CPDiverging
> >   CPQualitative
> >   CPSequential
> > You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
> >   CPDiverging>>#gtExampleColorPalette
> >   CPDiverging>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
> >   CPQualitative>>#gtExampleColorPalette
> >   CPQualitative>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
> >   CPSequential>>#gtExampleColorPalette
> >   CPSequential>>#gtInspectorPreviewIn:
> >
> > The package loaded at that point is GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal-TudorGirba.44
> >
> > Any hints?
> >
> > Hernán

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Quality cannot be an afterthought."

Re: GT-InspectorExtensions-CoreRoassal dependency problem

hernanmd

I am glad you like it and that you could discover your problem.

I could not load your configuration because I am missing:
PCT_KBs.tar.gz

If you want to rely on an external file, it is a little more robust to provide this file remotely and download it if it is not available. I guess you already know how to use Zinc for that, but just in case, here is a sample script of how to do that (including a progress bar):
http://ws.stfx.eu/2XQ4DS07DWFM

Thanks for reporting. It's failing because the config is not ready for Mac (IIRC you're using OS X), but I launched today my Mavericks VMWare appliance so I will check now

Cheers,