GT Paging Through Large Collections

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Several times I found myself thinking that it's a PITA that the -> and text field only appear when you vertically scroll to the end of the currently-shown items. Sometimes you know right away that e.g. you have to page about 5 times, and currently you have to keep alternating scroll/page/scroll/page...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT Paging Through Large Collections

Nicolas Anquetil
+100

I unuderstand htis is an optimization issue for long lists and that the
new list widget will improve this ...
(but I could be wrong)

nicolas

On 06/07/2015 12:06, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Several times I found myself thinking that it's a PITA that the -> and text
> field only appear when you vertically scroll to the end of the
> currently-shown items. Sometimes you know right away that e.g. you have to
> page about 5 times, and currently you have to keep alternating
> scroll/page/scroll/page...
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: GT Paging Through Large Collections

EstebanLM
somekind lateral: I made a couple of fast table renderers:

Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'estebanlm' project: 'FastTable';
        package: 'Glamour-FastTable';
        load.

they are incomplete, but you can help me finish :)

anyway, the most important is there are no pagination because you do not need that kind of optimisation :)

Esteban

ps: This is in Pharo5… but I think FastTable should be loadable in Pharo4 as well (I didn’t try). If you want to take a look:

Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'estebanlm' project: 'FastTable';
        configuration;
        loadVersion: #stable.

> On 06 Jul 2015, at 13:11, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +100
>
> I unuderstand htis is an optimization issue for long lists and that the new list widget will improve this ...
> (but I could be wrong)
>
> nicolas
>
> On 06/07/2015 12:06, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>> Several times I found myself thinking that it's a PITA that the -> and text
>> field only appear when you vertically scroll to the end of the
>> currently-shown items. Sometimes you know right away that e.g. you have to
>> page about 5 times, and currently you have to keep alternating
>> scroll/page/scroll/page...
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean

Re: GT Paging Through Large Collections

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
EstebanLM wrote
I made a couple of fast table renderers:
Cool! I've needed a good table widget on several occasions. Quick question... why does the fast simple table Glamour example have resizable columns, but the straight Morphic ones seem not to?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: GT Paging Through Large Collections

EstebanLM

> On 07 Jul 2015, at 16:36, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> EstebanLM wrote
>> I made a couple of fast table renderers:
>
> Cool! I've needed a good table widget on several occasions. Quick
> question... why does the fast simple table Glamour example have resizable
> columns, but the straight Morphic ones seem not to?

because I didn’t added them yet :)
As I said, is still WIP.

Esteban