classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GT Playground/Inspect window menu

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

I've noticed that the window menu (in top right corner) is missing when I create the window for the first time. But if I drag it inside window group and then take it out it appears, in inspector's case it replaces the update button with window menu button.

The window group content was more rich in Workspace; the open / save functionality in particular. (But maybe I was the last person using it and I should use ScriptManager instead).

The last thing... the top part looks like a Tab, so is it possible to add second Playground next to it instead of using groups?

And now to spend the rest of the day playing with it all, it looks amazing ^^.

Peter

window-menu.png (51K) Download Attachment
window-menu-2.png (85K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GT Playground/Inspect window menu

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The menu is consciously not there. The reason for that goes as follows: by default in Morphic every window gets the generic menu that nobody really uses, but some windows also put in there dedicated menu entries like the "show previous contents" from the old Workspace. The problem is that you have no chance of knowing which window actually hold useful entries from outside.

That is why in Glamour you have to have a window specific action in order to get the menu at all.

About save/load, this feature will come in some form.

About the tabs: every presentation that has a title is shown like a tab. It is actually true that we would like to have multiple tabs, but we did not get to a proper solution yet :).

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed that the window menu (in top right corner) is missing when I create the window for the first time. But if I drag it inside window group and then take it out it appears, in inspector's case it replaces the update button with window menu button.

The window group content was more rich in Workspace; the open / save functionality in particular. (But maybe I was the last person using it and I should use ScriptManager instead).

The last thing... the top part looks like a Tab, so is it possible to add second Playground next to it instead of using groups?

And now to spend the rest of the day playing with it all, it looks amazing ^^.

Peter

--

"Every thing has its own flow"