GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
In the very latest Pharo 7 using the Dark Theme (with the recent changed Tooltip), the intermediate Popup shown when doing Print It in a GT Playground is unreadable:

It seems like it is white on yellow ...

Sven

Re: GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

Torsten Bergmann
H Sven

Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>In the very latest Pharo 7 using the Dark Theme (with the recent changed Tooltip), the intermediate Popup shown when doing Print It in a GT Playground is unreadable:

see my reply in http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271654.html
which also will fix this issue.

Thx
T.

Re: GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

philippeback
Hi All,

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 9:02 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
H Sven

Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>In the very latest Pharo 7 using the Dark Theme (with the recent changed Tooltip), the intermediate Popup shown when doing Print It in a GT Playground is unreadable:

see my reply in http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271654.html
which also will fix this issue.

Can't we all agree to introduce a proper palette system so that tools can be based on them?

There are all kind of weird tricks to darken/lighten/whatever on the colors of the theme but there is no single place one can go to switch to another palette without having to spend hours in getting things right. I worked on the Sublimish theme to align GTSpotter with it and it was quite full of interesting surprises.

Check https://terminal.sexy/ for example.

We have a live environment and we have to fiddle so much? Come on!

ThemePalette would be a great addition. Color entries should be separated from the semantic meaning (e.g. background, tooltip, ...). There is some semantic meaning in the Theme but it is not backed by a ThemePalette which makes us create additional ThemeClasses for what is basically the same thing, only the palette changing.

What do you think? Also, is there anything like this foreseen in Brick/Block?

Phil

Thx
T.

Re: GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

EstebanLM

On 9 May 2018, at 09:41, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi All,

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 9:02 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
H Sven

Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>In the very latest Pharo 7 using the Dark Theme (with the recent changed Tooltip), the intermediate Popup shown when doing Print It in a GT Playground is unreadable:

see my reply in http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271654.html
which also will fix this issue.

Can't we all agree to introduce a proper palette system so that tools can be based on them?

yes, we can agree and in fact, this is some kind “planned”. Now, real problem is “who puts the bell to the cat?” :)

There are all kind of weird tricks to darken/lighten/whatever on the colors of the theme but there is no single place one can go to switch to another palette without having to spend hours in getting things right. I worked on the Sublimish theme to align GTSpotter with it and it was quite full of interesting surprises.

Check https://terminal.sexy/ for example.

We have a live environment and we have to fiddle so much? Come on!

ThemePalette would be a great addition. Color entries should be separated from the semantic meaning (e.g. background, tooltip, ...). There is some semantic meaning in the Theme but it is not backed by a ThemePalette which makes us create additional ThemeClasses for what is basically the same thing, only the palette changing.

yes, please :)

Esteban

What do you think? Also, is there anything like this foreseen in Brick/Block?

Phil

Thx
T.

Re: GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

HilaireFernandes
Part of the the problem here is using a tooltip to do something else!
Printing the result of of printit as tooltips but it should be another
widget, eventually subclassed.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

HilaireFernandes
Problem is this GLPPrinterPopper morph is using the balloon color but
not it assorted text color!

Replace:
         textColor: self theme textColor;

with
     textColor: self theme balloonTextColor;

It should be fixed.

GLPPrinterPopper>>initializeTextMorph
     textMorph := RubScrolledTextMorph new.
     textMorph
         beReadOnly;
         beWrapped;
         textFont: self theme textFont;
         textColor: self theme textColor;
         backgroundColor: BalloonMorph balloonColor.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: GT Playground Print It Popup unreadeable

HilaireFernandes
Indeed. The use of colors seems to be a mess.