GTInspector auto refresh hooks?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

Is there a way in GTInspector presentation to call some special updating block before each of auto refresh operation?

I want something like:
composite fastTable
title: 'Devices';
display: [ devices ];
wantsAutomaticRefresh: true;
     beforeUpdateDo: ["rows updating code"]
Imaging my presentation shows database table and I want query updated rows.

(I activate updating by  GTInspector setEnabledStepRefreshStatus: true).

Best regards,
Denis

Re: GTInspector auto refresh hooks?

Andrei Chis
Hi Denis,

The current update mechanism in the inspector is very light, in the sense that it only updates the visual representation of elements and does not recompute them, nor offers any hooks into the update process.
Indeed having a way to also recompute the display elements could be useful. We could change the update mechanism to add different kind of update strategies.

Cheers,
Andrei

Denis

Re: GTInspector auto refresh hooks?

Denis Kudriashov
Actually I found trick:

composite fastTable
title: 'Devices';
display: [ devices ];
wantsAutomaticRefresh: true;
     when: GLMPresentationRefreshRequest do: [myModel update].

Event handler can be executed after actual view update because announcer do not ensure delivering order. But in that case new value will be shown at next refresh which should be fine.
What you thing?

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually I found trick:

composite fastTable
title: 'Devices';
display: [ devices ];
wantsAutomaticRefresh: true;
     when: GLMPresentationRefreshRequest do: [myModel update].

Event handler can be executed after actual view update because announcer do not ensure delivering order. But in that case new value will be shown at next refresh which should be fine.
What you thing?

Interesting trick :). But I think it should work. Like you said in the worst case the user will see the new data at the next refresh.

Cheers,
Andrei